PDA

View Full Version : QF64 VH-OJE Blown Tyre

Kurt A
18th October 2012, 02:33 PM
QF64 just arrived with a blown tyre and a bit of body damage to the left side. Told ATC he had an issue with left main rear tyre and that services would be required.

Safety officers were heard saying small bits of rubber were found during a runway inspection.

Currently on Bay 25 - will tow off to the Jet Base shortly.

Kurt A
18th October 2012, 06:31 PM
New tyre was fitted on the bay. You can see some of the fuselage damage from the tyre splash back.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/yssy_moderator/YSSY%20Stuff/_MG_0134.jpg

Nigel C
18th October 2012, 06:46 PM
Do any engineers here know how long it would take to fix the damage?

Todd Hendry
21st October 2012, 11:42 AM
Depends how much damage was done. But at the very least its a panel or two to unscrew and replace and a tyre.

Inspections would take a while.

The damage in the above photo seems be just a wing to body fairing. These are just screwed on sections of composite fibre that only form an aerodynamic joint between the wing and body.

Todd.

Fred C
21st October 2012, 05:18 PM
It is going to be on the ground for around 5 days. There is some sheetmetal work to do as well.

Jim M
23rd October 2012, 10:40 AM
It appears OJE is back in service as the QF107 today.

Good news :D

Jim

Steve Bottom
24th October 2012, 05:57 AM
Was on the Obby deck taking happy snaps then this happened, aircraft left the runway at the intersection in front of the deck which i think is a F exit, you could see the blown tyre flapping about as it taxied in, followed in by fire service and ground safety officers,

This ontop of Air Niugini B767 returning to Brisbane on the 14th due to some small electrical fire in a forward door , while i was shooting there , made for an interesting few days.