PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar A330 in Canberra

Mark Grima
9th November 2012, 02:18 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone know why there is a JQ A330 in Canberra?

Its parked over at DEF so possibly has something to do with the Royals? I can't think of anyone else who may require a large aircraft who is in town at the moment.

Also I saw RAAF BBJ 001 depart Canberra about 30 minutes ago. I'm guessing that's headed up to Sydney to pick up the Royals?

Cheers

M

Rowan McKeever
9th November 2012, 02:31 PM
Hey Mark

Shows on flightaware as VH-EBE, JQ30, diversion on the MEL-SYD leg. Seems to have made a number of circuits over the Southern Highlands (just north of Marulan) before heading back down to CBR. It would be on the Fairbairn apron as there's nowhere at the terminal for an aircraft of that size.

Cheers
Rowan

David C
9th November 2012, 02:43 PM
Wx diversion most probably . There was quite a storm passing right over the top of Sydney Airport at that time .

Dave C

Mark Grima
9th November 2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys.

That probably also explains why my DJ flight to Sydney is delayed by about 40 minutes at the moment.

Cheers

M

Rowan McKeever
9th November 2012, 03:08 PM
You should be seeing the JQ taxi out right now Mark... via RWY35 to M, then B to P.

Mark Grima
9th November 2012, 03:23 PM
Yep spot on Rowan, and wheels up pretty much on the runway intersection. Right in front of my seat in the Virgin terminal.

Cheers

M

Rowan McKeever
9th November 2012, 03:25 PM
Very nice, would've been quite a sight... you're a lucky man!!

J Brown
9th November 2012, 04:45 PM
Can confirm was due to weather. The apron was shutdown for atleast an hour.

Jarden S
9th November 2012, 07:29 PM
Would this be the first visit for Jetstar into Canberra? Make a change from the usual QF/DJ aircraft on display. Wonder if they will start International flying from CBR next year or some other operator, who will take the plunge first?

Thomas Collins
9th November 2012, 08:41 PM
Jetstar has diverted A320's to Canberra a number of times over the years.

Rowan McKeever
9th November 2012, 09:54 PM
JQ also did a couple of charters a few years back in connection with the apology in parliament. This would be the first JQ A330 though.