PDA

View Full Version : Power points on air craft

andrew evans
15th June 2008, 03:48 PM
I have recently purchased a lap top and i am unable to find an air/vehicle adapter recharger for my model. Does anyone know if normal power points are available for such items. Thanks

Rhys Xanthis
15th June 2008, 03:53 PM
I have recently purchased a lap top and i am unable to find an air/vehicle adapter recharger for my model. Does anyone know if normal power points are available for such items. Thanks

all depends on the a/c.

All a380's for SQ, QF will have power3 in seat with regular power point. other planes with in-seat power usually have multi-standard plugs for various countries (ie aus 2/3pin, american, uk etc).

other older planes might have emPower sockets which require an adaptor, and usually only available in higher classes.

Best to check what airline you are flying, see what they have on board for power before you buy anything.

Grahame Hutchison
15th June 2008, 04:38 PM
Hi Andrew,

Have a look at http://www.targus.com.au/au/accessories_power.asp as they have plenty on laptop power adaptors with a range of tips to suit most laptops.

andrew evans
15th June 2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for that Graham but i have been down that track with no luck my laptop is a 17 inch high performance gaming computer and from toshiba they cant help me. I wish i new this when i bought it.thanks anyway i will give qantas a call i am heading up to Darwin in july.

Adrian B
15th June 2008, 08:29 PM
Seatguru shows seats with power.

andrew evans
15th June 2008, 09:26 PM
thanks adrian

Micheil Keegan
15th June 2008, 10:39 PM
If you do find an in-seat power source, it may be able to supply your laptop if you take the battery out. This reduces the amount of power needed by the laptop, especially if the battery isn't full. Some airlines actually recommend this.

Micheil

Rhys Xanthis
15th June 2008, 11:02 PM
If you do find an in-seat power source, it may be able to supply your laptop if you take the battery out. This reduces the amount of power needed by the laptop, especially if the battery isn't full. Some airlines actually recommend this.

Micheil

you will find some will only allow in seat power to your laptop if you take your battery out - usually with the old emPower systems. (they are DC 15V).

I read this a couple of days ago on my daily read of game news...i found it interesting, and its applicable here! http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/06/highest_altitude_lan_game_of_counterstrike_ever_pl ayed.html