PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report photography warning

Philip Argy
22nd February 2013, 02:06 AM
Beware of taking pics for trip reports on UA:
http://upgrd.com/matthew/thrown-off-a-united-airlines-flight-for-taking-pictures.html

And don't EVER use that 'T' word! :eek:

Hugh Jarse
22nd February 2013, 08:21 AM
Or the 'B' word, Philip ;) That may end in a world of hurt.....

Jim M
22nd February 2013, 09:01 PM
What a story!! Will make everyone think twice,I bet....

Jim

Mark T
28th February 2013, 11:56 AM
I was flying back BNE/SYD last Sunday on QF and taking some photos of impressive storm clouds somewhere over Pt Macquarie and asked to stop taking photos and put my camera away.

Mark C
28th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Another example of why flying is not as attractive as it used to be.

Stephen Brown
28th February 2013, 12:28 PM
I was flying back BNE/SYD last Sunday on QF and taking some photos of impressive storm clouds somewhere over Pt Macquarie and asked to stop taking photos and put my camera away.

Were you given a reason as to why??

Zac M
28th February 2013, 02:11 PM
I know QFlink flight attendants sometimes deem big cameras to be an obstruction to getting out safely hence they ask you to put it away for takeoff and landing, otherwise there is no reason for any Qantas group airline to ask you to put away your camera, they are unrestricted as it says on the back of the safety card.

Mark T
28th February 2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Stephen

No, I was just told that I had to put it away as we would be landing soon.
I wasn't going to argue as it wasn't a big deal, but we were still 30 misn away from landing.

Stephen Brown
28th February 2013, 08:13 PM
A beam Port Macquarie and you were going to be landing soon, now thats a shallow descent....

Greg McDonald
28th February 2013, 08:45 PM
Obviously there's key words that it wouldn't be clever to say while flying in this country either but thank god we're not anywhere near as paranoid as Americans! Land of the free my @r5e :-)

Lawrie L
2nd April 2013, 10:11 AM
Landing soon over Port Macquarie? That's too early though. 30-mins is still too long... Pax have to stop using electronic device either between 15 or 10 mins before landing. Flight attendants (all domestic airlines) always check pax, tell pax to turn electronic device off and pax's seat belt when we were over Gold Coast.

But that's good... he did obey flight attendant's instructions.