PDA

View Full Version : new ads-b receiver comparison website airplaneTrack.com

Danny D
27th February 2013, 08:55 AM
I'd like to announce a new ads-b receiver comparison website airplaneTrack.com. The website features 15 ads-b receivers allowing visitors to compare and contrast receivers. The technical specifications (ethernet, usb, Multilateration (MLAT), Release Date, company etc..) of each receiver are detailed.

The website is currently in beta so if you see any missing data or errors please tell us. Thanks.

www.AirplaneTrack.com

Philip Argy
27th February 2013, 02:19 PM
It would be good if you could select with a tick box three or four to compare side by side ...

Kurt A
27th February 2013, 04:10 PM
Or just have a nice neat table with everything on one slide which would negate the use of clicking at all...

Danny D
27th February 2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have the comparison two or three side by side done I just need to write an interface for it. Should be ready in a day or two.

Danny D
28th February 2013, 12:51 AM
The comparison page is now online. Compare two ads-b receivers side by side.

Philip Argy
28th February 2013, 12:57 AM
Yes - that's exactly what I had in mind, Danny. Perhaps with one or two additional columns it will be the ideal comparator tool and could be used for lots of other feature lists as well.

Noel White
28th February 2013, 08:57 AM
Danny, many thanks for your work on ADS-B receivers. Attached are a couple of photos you may like to add to your database for the RTL1090 dongle. The antenna fitting is an MCX.

I took my RTL1090 and paired it with the SBS3 mag mount antenna on the roof of the car, to a local park in Carlingford. It has a clear view to the south and was able to pick up a/c beyond Canberra using PlanePlotter.

Cheers,

Noel

Danny D
28th February 2013, 07:24 PM
Noel,
I added the RTL1090 dongle to the website yesterday.Many thanks for the photos. I will add them to the site this weekend. Do you know what type the antenna connector is ?

If anyone else has photos they would like to share I'd be most grateful.