PDA

View Full Version : Golf Day (Mark III) Sunday August 10th

Grant Smith
17th June 2008, 08:42 PM
With the failure of the 2nd attempt and the late notice of yesterday's attempt. We're (Nigel and myself) are going to give you all enough notice to work out rosters, leave passes or whatever it is you need to attend the day.

Whilst the date has been selected, the course is yet to be decided. Below I've listed the 5 courses to choose from.

1. Kogarah Golf Club
2. St Michael's Golf Club
3. The Coast Golf Club
4. Randwick Golf Club
5. Eastlakes Golf Club

So if those interested can, indicate their interest and preferred course, so we can secure a spot that would make things much easier.

Adam P.
17th June 2008, 08:49 PM
Whatever works for me... I'm not enough of a golfer to be able appreciate the differences anyway.

Grant Smith
17th June 2008, 09:20 PM
Right-o... I've voted for Kogarah due to it's proximity to the airport and the Rowers.

Nigel C
18th June 2008, 05:14 AM
Same. Kogarah works for me too.

Mick, can you fit a set of clubs and buggy in the back of the PC-12?:)

My parole officer has issued me a leave pass for that day as long as I keep up the good behaviour. I guess I won't be posting anything here for a while...

David Ramsay
18th June 2008, 07:17 AM
We're (Nigel and myself) are going to give you all enough notice to work out rosters, leave passes or whatever it is you need to attend the day.

Don't leave out the weather man .. he'll need some notice too. ;)

Nigel C
18th June 2008, 07:23 AM
He's been busy enough lately. Hopefully he gives it a rest and doesn't throw up the usual August winds!

Mick F
18th June 2008, 09:30 AM
If you wait until October for the floG day, then I'm in, otherwise I just thought I'd sway the results of the poll, :D.

I'm not sure I could borrow the PC12 for 2 days (no drink flying remember), :(.

Mick

Nathan Long
18th June 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm in, provided I can get a lift to/from the airport. :)

If you guys can settle on a tee-off time, I can book my flights.

Grant Smith
18th June 2008, 09:17 PM
Nathan,

Generally on a Sunday most clubs have a comp, now depending on starters that usually runs to about midday...

I would anticipate a starting time of 1230pm, this would allow for some spotting in the morning and then getting down to business after lunch.

But aim for about a 1230pm tee time...

Cam S
18th June 2008, 10:51 PM
Randwick Golf Club 4tw

Only joint ive heard of before.

Nathan Long
18th June 2008, 11:22 PM
Grant,

Thanks for that. I'll book the 0800 flight up and a late one back... :)

Grant Smith
19th June 2008, 12:32 AM
Randwick Golf Club 4tw

Only joint ive heard of before.

Cheers for your input there Cam, always appreciate something different.

Organise with the rest of the Perffff office to attend for the weekend, I'm sure I can rustle up some Swans vs Freo tickets for those interested ;)

David M
19th June 2008, 07:28 PM
You'll have to count me out on this one too. I have a little boy's three year old party to organise! I'm fairly sure that going to Sydney for a golf game versus spending time with the family will not be appreciated at all. :eek:

David.M.

Grant Smith
19th June 2008, 10:05 PM
You'll have to count me out on this one too. I have a little boy's three year old party to organise! I'm fairly sure that going to Sydney for a golf game versus spending time with the family will not be appreciated at all. :eek:

David.M.

Wrong answer Morrell... The correct answer would be, bring the family to Sydney for a little holiday!

Think outside the box!

:D

David Ramsay
20th June 2008, 08:18 AM
Charter a company aircraft (mates rates), bring a zillion 3 year olds, and have the birthday party at the 19th hole.

It's really quite simple.

David M
20th June 2008, 12:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Tempting, but I wouldn't be able to have any more children if I did come over!

Grant Smith
20th June 2008, 04:31 PM
Charter a company aircraft (mates rates), bring a zillion 3 year olds, and have the birthday party at the 19th hole.

It's really quite simple.

Yes, I'm sure Purcell could arrange something - off the books of course....

David Ramsay
20th June 2008, 04:57 PM
Geez Granny, I had to read that twice. I thought you were answering Morrell's last comment.

but I wouldn't be able to have any more children

:p

Grant Smith
20th June 2008, 05:10 PM
Geez Granny, I had to read that twice. I thought you were answering Morrell's last comment.

:p

Maybe it's a Rex thing Ramsay ;)

Kurt A
20th June 2008, 11:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Tempting, but I wouldn't be able to have any more children if I did come over!

Gees, how many more is Sophie letting you have? :D

Nigel C
21st June 2008, 01:02 AM
Are you coming Kurt?

Kurt A
21st June 2008, 02:17 PM
Negative, I don't do golf, and my weekends are usually filled with other sports.

Mick M
22nd June 2008, 07:31 PM
Leapfrog on Oxford St is NOT a socially acceptable excuse you moderatorness!

Grant Smith
23rd June 2008, 03:01 AM
Negative, I don't do golf

That right there should be reason enough for you to attend..

;)

Grant Smith
30th June 2008, 04:37 AM
With the bulk of the responses to the poll leaning towards Kogarah Golf Club staging the event, it's pretty safe to say that the course has been chosen.

It is now time to put forward your commitment to attend.

So far confirmed starters including myself and Nigel are:

Adam, Mick and Nathan.

Macca - have you arranged your leave pass? I'm sure the kids would love to do some spotting from somewhere different ;)

As for everyone else who voted are we attending or just tyre kicking?

Craig Lindsay
3rd July 2008, 08:19 AM
Ill carry someones clubs if they provide the beer

Nigel C
3rd July 2008, 08:15 PM
How about you carry your own clubs while you drink the beer and play?
Now there's a good idea for you!

Mike Scott
3rd July 2008, 11:45 PM
Find some cute girls to carry the clubs....and drink beer....nothing like a little distraction while trying for that hole in one.

MS

Nigel C
4th July 2008, 05:08 AM
You're looking at the wrong forum for 'cute girls', and even if we had any, I wouldn't let them drink the beer!

Mike Scott
4th July 2008, 05:37 AM
Nigel...they are way more fun when they drink !!! ;) Stops the golf from getting boring and gives you lot more opportunities to talk about stroke/putter's etc. Beer enhances their ability to communicate.

MS

Craig Lindsay
5th July 2008, 07:56 AM
How about you carry your own clubs while you drink the beer and play?
Now there's a good idea for you!

I wouldnt know which end of the club to hold.Never played golf.Im good at lawn bowls thou.I doubt rolling lawn bowls across the green would impress the greenkeepers,plus the bowls wouldnt sink into the holes real well:)

Nigel C
5th July 2008, 10:10 AM
The day is there for a bit of fun, so previous golfing experience is not required.

I can organise a dump truck to fill the divots if required...;)

Grant Smith
7th July 2008, 06:28 PM
Somebody will be required to drive the beer cart around, not sure if Marty will be coming up (can anyone confirm his attendance or otherwise?), so that might be something for a non-golfer to look at...

Raymond Rowe
7th July 2008, 06:44 PM
Somebody will be required to drive the beer cart around, not sure if Marty will be coming up (can anyone confirm his attendance or otherwise?), so that might be something for a non-golfer to look at...

Does the driver of the cart get a better drinking ratio.

Nigel C
7th July 2008, 10:10 PM
How much you drink is entirely up to you! The more you bring, the more you can drink!

Grant Smith
8th July 2008, 12:05 AM
Does the driver of the cart get a better drinking ratio.

Ray, if that gets you up to the airline hub that is the state of NSW then so be it ;)

Tim C
9th July 2008, 08:35 AM
Granny Smith et al,

I believe Cam S will be keen for the next round of golf with his new Lowepro Gold Bag.

Cheers

Grant Smith
9th July 2008, 09:57 AM
Granny Smith et al,

I believe Cam S will be keen for the next round of golf with his new Lowepro Gold Bag.

Cheers

Tim et al at the perffff office...

Depending on the popularity of the Golf Day - we may take the show on the road and incorporate an interstate golf day, having searched google maps of golf courses in the vicinity of airports it does appear a viable option...

;)

Adam P.
16th July 2008, 04:52 PM
Boys,
For the purposes of roster re-jigging, are we looking at an early tee-off or a late one? An evening round would suit me better...

Grant Smith
16th July 2008, 05:21 PM
Adam,

If you look at the 1st page you will see that I commented about a later tee time...

At this stage we're looking at 12:30pm, I'm just waiting for the guys at Kogarah to get back to me.

Adam P.
16th July 2008, 05:44 PM
An hour later would be better!! ;)

Nathan Long
16th July 2008, 06:05 PM
My return flight was brought forward to 2015, so I'll probably have to be done by 1915 or so.

Adam P.
16th July 2008, 06:17 PM
Let's hope we are done by then, the light fails significantly before that point!

Nathan Long
16th July 2008, 06:58 PM
You've never heard of night golf? :D

Nigel C
9th August 2008, 08:16 PM
***BIG BUMP***

A big reminder to all those of you who will be joining us tomorrow for a fun filled day of golf at the Kogarah Golf Club.

The weather looks like it will be providing lots of Rwy 25 action for those who wish to combine their golfing abilities with their plane spotting talents.

See you there!

Bernie P
12th August 2008, 09:03 AM
***BIG BUMP***

A big reminder to all those of you who will be joining us tomorrow for a fun filled day of golf at the Kogarah Golf Club.

The weather looks like it will be providing lots of Rwy 25 action for those who wish to combine their golfing abilities with their plane spotting talents.

See you there!

So is there going to be a TR for this event???

Any gos as well?? Pics even???!!!

Nigel C
12th August 2008, 09:23 AM
Trip report to come soon.

Plenty of goss...but as they say, what goes on tour, stays on tour. Now, if you were there...

Unfortunately the turn-out was very disappointing to say the least. A big thanks goes to Nathan Long for making the trip up from Melbourne just for the golf day and subsequent steak at the DoG. His effort sure beats that of some of the others who gave an initial commitment!

The talk is that the MkIV event may take place in Melbourne, at the Melbourne Airport golf course. Perhaps the Mexicans on the board can put on a better turn-out than the locals up here...

Adam P.
12th August 2008, 09:24 AM
Yes there are pics, but I don't know if we should share them, given the poor turnout.

Methinks if you want to know what happened, you should have been there to witness and indeed take part in the shenanigans.

Raymond Rowe
12th August 2008, 07:34 PM

Plenty of goss...but as they say, what goes on tour, stays on tour. Now, if you were there...

Unfortunately the turn-out was very disappointing to say the least. A big thanks goes to Nathan Long for making the trip up from Melbourne just for the golf day and subsequent steak at the DoG. His effort sure beats that of some of the others who gave an initial commitment!

The talk is that the MkIV event may take place in Melbourne, at the Melbourne Airport golf course. Perhaps the Mexicans on the board can put on a better turn-out than the locals up here...

Us Mexicans can always do much beter than you Yanks.Even put on better sporting functions.We are the sports capital of this country.

Nigel C
12th August 2008, 07:48 PM
Well, when we organise the day down there, we'll be the judge of that!;)

Obviously, the day will be advertised and organised through this fine board.

Nathan Long
12th August 2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks to Nigel, Grant and Adam (eventually) for the great day. Hopefully there are no photos of the sapling incident... :)

Just remember folks, be nice to trees! :D

Marty H
12th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks to Nigel, Grant and Adam (eventually) for the great day. Hopefully there are no photos of the sapling incident... :)

Just remember folks, be nice to trees! :D

Ahh trees every golfers best freind:D

Grant Smith
13th August 2008, 12:18 AM

I'll mirror Nigel's comments regarding the turnout, considering the number of people lurking on Shep's Mound on Sunday morning it was rather frustrating those numbers didn't mirror the turnout at Kogarah Golf Club.

Great to catch up with Nathan, and introduce him to the DoG after a hard days golfing.

Photo's and accompanying trip report will be formed and posted in due course...

David Ramsay
13th August 2008, 07:54 AM
I'll mirror Nigel's comments regarding the turnout, considering the number of people lurking on Shep's Mound on Sunday morning it was rather frustrating those numbers didn't mirror the turnout at Kogarah Golf Club.

Maybe they don't play golf! :rolleyes:

Nathan Long
13th August 2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe they don't play golf! :rolleyes:

Adam doesn't and that didn't stop him! :D

Adam P.
13th August 2008, 10:59 AM
Adam doesn't and that didn't stop him!

I think the quote of the day went something like this, after I belted one straight down the middle (albeit at dot feet and not particularly far), and Longy bounced his off the nearest tree:

What? he out-drove me again???

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughinatu.gif