PDA

View Full Version : MD-82 Mineralogy was at Sydney today

andrew evans
19th June 2008, 03:12 PM
I saw the Mineralogy MD-82 parked around at Eastern park today.I noticed it at around 0930 and was lucky enough to be passing by when it departed at 1200 on 16R.

Matt Coughran
22nd June 2008, 07:45 AM
Saw Her take off the other day from OOL, flew above my school looked like a rocket-ship.

Matt

Sarah C
22nd June 2008, 08:23 AM
I was at OOL last night and the aircraft is there at the moment. Nice pics Andrew - love the noise and smoke when it takes off!

lloyd fox
22nd June 2008, 09:02 AM
It appears as Gold Coast is where the aircraft parks for long stays(owner lives on the Coast) and Brisbane is it's operational base where the company is headquartered.

Have a nice holiday Sarah.

Cheers Lloyd

Tim Bowrey
22nd June 2008, 02:07 PM
It appears as Gold Coast is where the aircraft parks for long stays(owner lives on the Coast) and Brisbane is it's operational base where the company is headquartered.
Gday mate.

Dont quote me on it but i got told about that aircraft is owned by the same bloke that is funding the Gold Coast United Soccer Team for the A-League. He may have been here negotiating with some Sydney Siders for sponsorship or whatever. Thats why its allways seen at the GC.

Tim

Grant Smith
22nd June 2008, 02:29 PM
Thats why its allways seen at the GC.

Tim,

I think you'll find that given the fact that Lloyd alluded to the owner living on the Gold Coast - that would be the reason it is always at OOL...

Grant - Valid observation by Tim. No need to argue the point any further - mod

Matt Coughran
22nd June 2008, 04:42 PM
Tim is Correct though, the owner does live on the Gold Coast but he also is helping fund and is the plane is sometimes used to transport the team around Aus for the Gold Coast Soccer A-League Team

Matt