PDA

View Full Version : Qantas site

DJones
24th March 2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone seen this site with some dirt on Qantas?

http://www.qantassucksworld.com/index.html

Looks like quite a bit of 'dirt' on them there. I am not sure about the third article down about landing at 350km/h. Anyone know more about this? He is stating that the landing speed of a 767 is 200km/h or less. More like 240km/h.

Daniel F
24th March 2008, 12:34 PM
That site is a load of crap... like the 2nd article about Qantas being "forced" to buy back it stock. Qantas has not been forced to do anything. They announced a share buyback ages ago and have been buying back stock every day even when the stock was at a record high.

DJones
24th March 2008, 12:38 PM
Sure, some articles are exaggerated but I think some bear some truth like customer experiences, safety problems, the 717 hard landing etc.

Mick F
24th March 2008, 12:41 PM
The 717 landing wasn't Qantas though.

Floody

Nigel C
24th March 2008, 12:45 PM
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

Nick W.
24th March 2008, 01:02 PM
Disclaimer on the site:

"The stories not verified, and may contain omissions or errors. This is a
free-speach site. Writers are responsible for their own postings...Not Affiliated with Qantas airlines - in
fact, they hate us"

DJones
24th March 2008, 01:04 PM
The 717 landing wasn't Qantas though.

Floody

Owned by Qantas no?

DJones
24th March 2008, 01:13 PM
Fair call. VH-NXE is owned by National JEt systems but was operating a Qantas flight. I would still call it Qantas when operating one of their flights. The passengers booked through the Qantas web site, the aircraft probably had Qantas markings, the passengers would have paid Qantas, the cabin crew would have been Qantas etc etc.

Mick F
24th March 2008, 01:31 PM
The aircraft is operated by National Jet Systems. The flight crew are all National Jet Systems, the cabin crew are all National Jet Systems. When you book on the Qantas website, it would say "Operated by National Jet Systems on behalf of Qantas". So no, it's not Qantas.

And until such time as the final investigation for the incident in question is brought out, it's a bit critical to be criticising anyone for the event.

Floody

DJones
24th March 2008, 01:35 PM
The aircraft is operated by National Jet Systems. The flight crew are all National Jet Systems, the cabin crew are all National Jet Systems. When you book on the Qantas website, it would say "Operated by National Jet Systems on behalf of Qantas". So no, it's not Qantas.

And until such time as the final investigation for the incident in question is brought out, it's a bit critical to be criticising anyone for the event.

Floody

Again, fair call but I cannot see where on any of my posts I was criticising? If you can find where I was criticising I do apologise.

Mick F
24th March 2008, 01:39 PM
Sorry Daniel, didn't mean to make it look like I was attacking you, was just trying to point out that if they got that wrong, then the rest of their site seems to be a bit of a crock.

Floody

DJones
24th March 2008, 01:41 PM
Cool mate. No harm done :)