PDA

View Full Version : Missing Flights

Garry Emanuel
30th August 2013, 01:02 PM
Have been wondering why some flights/aircraft don't show up on ACARS or have incorrect details.

Have been tracking a few flights in and out of Sydney over the past week and notice that quite often QF A380's don't appear (QF127/128 in particular) and QF A330's have incorrect data (QF81/82 still shows as Singapore/Adelaide and Darwin/Singapore whilst QF23/24 shows as Unknown and Bangkok/Sydney).

Not very savvy about how the ACARS data is held on planes and sent to the receivers.

Thanks in advance.

Grahame Hutchison
31st August 2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Garry,

Not all aircraft are fitted with ACARS, and some may be fitted with ACARS but with it operating on other frequencies (from Europe etc). With many aircraft transmitting ACARS data, some transmissions can be lost or corrupted, or they can simple be out of range, or their transmissions affected by weather or atmosphereic conditions.

The flights showing for ACARS on 16Right.com are from my database, which can be somewhat historical and need updating. I will have a look at the QF flights you mentioned.

There is also an ADSB section to 16Right.com which has a better coverage that ACARS, but not necessarlily all the flight received by ACARS.

Hope this helps.

Garry Emanuel
31st August 2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks for that. It does help. Appreciate you taking the time to answer :D.

Grahame Hutchison
7th September 2013, 07:46 AM
Garry, QF81/82 and QF23/24 have now been updated in my database.

Garry Emanuel
11th September 2013, 05:46 PM
Too good.

Thanks for the update.