PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Today

Gerard M
23rd June 2008, 07:05 PM
I can confirm that there is a C-5 Galaxy at Richmond!!!
Anyone got any info on when it will be leaving and/or what its in for? Last i heard they dont come into Richmond anymore.

Was also there with a KC-10 and a C-17 behind it from what i could see.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Tim Bowrey
23rd June 2008, 07:24 PM
Yes it flew over Sydney airport about 5mins before the JAL Cargo "Silver Bullet" arrived this afternoon at about 1:25pm. I will upload a photo i got of her crusing over.

Tim

Kieran Wells
23rd June 2008, 07:39 PM
wonder if it will still be there in the morning...might pop out and see it..

Tim Bowrey
23rd June 2008, 08:08 PM
By the way.. If anyone could get it's rego, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Tim

matthew mcdonald
23rd June 2008, 09:06 PM
I have just arrived back home after going out to see it and after seeing it for the first time, all i can say is that it was a very large shadow. It was parked in between the C17 and KC-10. I hope it stays until wednesday but I'm definately holding my breath.

phil.l
23rd June 2008, 09:28 PM
Nice reporting Gerald,but i echo Tim post, any rego`s?

Tim Bowrey
23rd June 2008, 09:59 PM
There she goes over Sydney Airport this afternoon
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/Marlb0ro/Tims%20Stuff/c5.jpg

Gerard M
23rd June 2008, 10:06 PM
phil, no sorry didnt get a rego..but if its there in the morning ill try see if i can get it. (did u mean Gerald or Gerard by the way?)

phil.l
23rd June 2008, 10:33 PM
Sorry Gerard my mistake,if you could get rego great

Gerard M
24th June 2008, 09:54 AM
Was out at Richmond today and the Galaxy is still there. After making some inquiries it is said to be leaving tomorrow after lunch, from what i have been told. (Dont know what time 'after lunch' is tho. However i also heard that it may be leaving today but from what i heard from people on the base its tomorrow.)

Still dont have a rego for it sorry will try tomorrow.

The C-17 left after 11am as Reach-5-Echo-1 and was from Travis AFB.

KC-10 Still there as well.

phil.l
24th June 2008, 03:35 PM
Oz-spotters has C-5B as 87-0028

Tim Bowrey
24th June 2008, 07:56 PM
Cheers for the info Phil.

Here is a decent photo of VH-EBJ(New QF A332) with the C-5 passing over.
http://myaviation.net/?pid=01384754
2 Forum topics hit with one photo;)

Tim

Philip Argy
24th June 2008, 09:40 PM
You really ought to buy a lottery ticket, Tim - that has to be the most remarkable combination to capture - the odds of winning Lotto must be much better!

phil.l
24th June 2008, 10:17 PM
Very nice photo Tim

Tim Bowrey
24th June 2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks Philip and Phil. All i can say it was a fluke;)

Initially, i didnt realise the C-5 was there until i saw something zoom past the frame as i was clicking away at EBJ. Luckly i got a decent one of them both in shot(I got another one similar but to the left of the frame) but i prefered this one. I only realise it was a C-5 when i zoomed in on the photo and saw and i was almost speachless.

I just hope Jetphotos.net accept it;)

Tim

Greg McDonald
25th June 2008, 01:50 PM
Any word on when the C5 might be leaving?

Andrew Neil
25th June 2008, 05:47 PM
The KC 10 took off about a week ago and had to return because something happened to it in the air. I believe the C5 is here brining a heap of parts for it because today their techs were all over the KC10's engines moving parts from the C5 to teh Kc10

This afternoon the doors were open with a ground power unit running so it may be leaving tonight but i doubt it i would think tomorrow

Andrew
Employed @ YSRI

Gerard M
25th June 2008, 06:32 PM
Was out there today and also listening to the radio. From what i heard the C-5 was going to leave not long after the C-17 around 2pm but then came over the radio and said that it would be delaying its departure due to "cargo troubles". And that it may have to go via pago pago now.
Was still there with no lights and and no movements around it when i left at about 6pm. Hoping for a departure for tomorrow!!
KC-10 still there and was doing some engine runs earlier this afternoon with fire crews on stand-by.

Gerard

Gerard M
25th June 2008, 11:41 PM
So did anyone hear the C5 depart tonight either on the radio or visually? cos i dont want to go out tomorrow and not have it there ..ive been waiting nearly 10 years to see the galaxy take off!!!

Jason Mac
26th June 2008, 07:16 AM
Gerard,

The C5 was still parked there when I passed the base at 0100 this morning.

Ken D
26th June 2008, 01:23 PM
The C5 took off from Rwy 28 just after midday today, a herc taxing on zulu reported seeing a bird impact no 4 engine. C5 crew reported ops normal. Dieing but intact bird found on runway. The KC10 has been doing engine runs this morning on the western apron, got towed back to the lines after the C% departed.

Jethro H
26th June 2008, 03:45 PM
I thought they were going to hang around for the big 33 SQN farewell party this Saturday night.

damien b
27th June 2008, 06:49 PM
A little of topic but i can say i flew on a C-5 from Richmond to Davis Monthan AFB in Arizona, via Hickham and Pago Pago whilst i was a techo in the RAAF. A RAAF C-130H had a twin engine shutdown in flight and we used the C-5 to fly two engines, four tyres and brakes with 8 techo's over to repair the C-130. I have to admit it was a bit weird flying whilst seated backwards, but with limited view from the passenger seat you really only notice it on landing and takeoff. Remarkable but somewhat troubled aircraft.

Gerard M
11th August 2008, 05:53 PM
I know it was a little while ago, but did anyone manage to get a picture of the C-5 taking off that they would be willing to share with me...(not for publishing or anything like that).
If so that would be great...much thanks in advance.

Gerard

Tony G
11th August 2008, 05:56 PM
By the way.. If anyone could get it's rego, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Tim

I will get it when im at work tomorrow and post