PDA

View Full Version : QFF Program Changes

Michael Morrison
23rd June 2008, 09:16 PM
Another site has some more info on the Anytime rewards..

510,000 to fly business from SYD-SIN

294,367 (min) to fly economy SYD-LON

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/qantas-frequent-flyer-program/frequent-flyer-online-survey-13655.html#post176789

Montague S
24th June 2008, 09:37 AM
that must be a joke?

120,000 plus $2030 to LHR...surely that's bull****? you'd just pay the airfare of $2300 rather than rid yourself of your points and your own cash?

seems to me like they don't want any frequent flyers at all...

Rhys Xanthis
24th June 2008, 10:54 AM
Well the regular site will still be there, so i don't understand what this is all about myself...But that is ridiculous.

Michael Morrison
24th June 2008, 11:09 AM
The regular site will still be there, but I seriously doubt they same inventory will be in 12 months time.

I presume the release of seats for Plats and extra inventory for golds etc will also disappear - that is a downside for memebers with status.

I wonder what other little surprises they will be introducing with these changes.

Malcolm Parker
1st July 2008, 11:12 AM
Off to Mumbai Next year 01-26 APR, on a route with wide open availability and not departing on peak flights on Sunday out of Sydney or Friday out of Mumbai at they want 188,000 for e red e deal economy flight or 275,000 for a flexible economy fare or 881,000 for business class. What a rip off !!!! Outrageous !!!! Who is worse Macquarie Bank Airports or Qantas??

Andrew P
1st July 2008, 11:29 AM
Off to Mumbai Next year 01-26 APR, on a route with wide open availability and not departing on peak flights on Sunday out of Sydney or Friday out of Mumbai at they want 188,000 for e red e deal economy flight or 275,000 for a flexible economy fare or 881,000 for business class. What a rip off !!!! Outrageous !!!! Who is worse Macquarie Bank Airports or Qantas??

try again you can get for 84,000 SYD Mumbai Friday 3rd April and return Wed 29th april

trust you will now lock these flights in and withdraw your comments

Banjo

Michael Morrison
1st July 2008, 01:22 PM
try again you can get for 84,000 SYD Mumbai Friday 3rd April and return Wed 29th april

Perhaps re read his comments.

Malcolm stated that there is wide availability (ie with classic seats at 84k return) yet the Anytime prices are quite a rip off for the same dates!

Lawrie L
1st July 2008, 07:10 PM
Two different types of awards? Classic Award and Anyseat Award.

I think it's very similar to AsiaMile.
- Classic Awards means current awards
- AnySeat Award means unlimited seats(AsiaMile calls it) and can fly anytime you like and it's more expensive than business class classic awards.

Am i right? Please confirmed it.

Rhys Xanthis
1st July 2008, 10:29 PM
Well no classic seats on this saturday perth-mel.

cheapest flight on anyseat direct is 67,000 points. $618 flight. one-way. economy.

Trevor Sinclair
2nd July 2008, 07:12 PM
I tried to do the online survey they emailed me but as soon as I clicked advertising and media I was rejected. I was hoping there's be somewhere in there asking about long term loyalty. Since I started my new gig almost 3 years ago I've gone from Platinum back to Silver :eek: ... obviously not travelling as much, and when I have travelled I've been using points cos I had over a million ... not really happy.

If anyone here manages to complete the survey I'd be interested in what questions they ask.

Malcolm Parker
2nd July 2008, 08:13 PM

Banjo

mate the point I am trying to make is that I am looking at off peak days 10 months out and the points you require are outrageous if you were fixed or not flexible with dates esp if you want W/J/F class travel. Economy is more readily available.
FYI I will not withdraw my comments as I was looking at buisness class seats and the dates available on the classic system were inconvenient. Despite knowing the airlines has yet to sell a seat on the flights class I require.

D Chan
3rd July 2008, 12:52 AM
mate the point I am trying to make is that I am looking at off peak days 10 months out and the points you require are outrageous if you were fixed or not flexible with dates esp if you want W/J/F class travel.

well any seat claimed with ff points are really 'lost revenue' if you think about it, so it's not surprising that you'd require a lot more points if you are not flexible with dates. Suspect they would want ff members to burn off more points off for flights that they really want to get on, or perhaps on very busy days (e.g. in peak season)

Despite knowing the airlines has yet to sell a seat on the flights class I require.

When they estimate the demand they would have some idea of the historical booking levels for particular flights. So even if the airline hasn't sold a seat on the flight class, doesn't mean they won't sell it to a customer closer to the date of the flight. If the airline lets the seat out too early to frequent flyers that will result in one less potential seat where they can raise revenue from?

Matthew Green
11th July 2008, 09:16 AM
Hi there, just on this subject, I have been looking at using points to fly Business class to london next may, using the classic system it seems the only option is economy, I can't seem to find any way to select business class??

was looking at leaving 10may returning 24 may 09

any ideas why?

thanks

Matthew

Michael Morrison
11th July 2008, 11:07 AM
was looking at leaving 10may returning 24 may 09

any ideas why?

Are you searching fixed dates or flexible dates? If fixed dates, then it means there is only economy availability. If FLEX dates, then make sure you select Business on the tick box which is above the calandar showing dates

Matthew Green
11th July 2008, 02:13 PM
I will give it a go, thanks Michael

Matthew