PDA

View Full Version : QF A380 training flts for ADL...

David M
27th June 2008, 12:33 PM
A rumour around the traps in ADL, is that Qantas will be bringing their A380 to ADL for a series of training flights in early October.

I have heard that there will be 54 (fifty four) training flights around the 4th or 5th of October. Not sure how long the aircraft will remain in ADL to conduct all the flights. No other information at hand. Will keep the board posted if I hear of anything else.

Let's hope this rumour becomes fact! :D

Cheers

David.M.

Nigel C
27th June 2008, 02:07 PM
I've heard that they'll be doing a series of short turn around flights between Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. I believe the Adelaide flights will start and end at Melbourne to maximise cycles for the flight and ground crews.

Rhys Xanthis
27th June 2008, 04:27 PM
Perth? I doubt it:(

Matthew Chisholm
27th June 2008, 05:13 PM
Route proving flights sounds like ?

Nigel C
27th June 2008, 05:25 PM
Domestic route proving flights?;)

Torin Wilson
27th June 2008, 06:36 PM
Are these passenger carrying flights?

Nigel C
27th June 2008, 06:39 PM
I don't believe so.

Ash W
27th June 2008, 06:58 PM
Route proving flights sounds like ?

Doesn't the original post quite clearly say they are training flights? They will also be used no doubt to 'break' the things in and get some operational experiance with them before they send them to the US and elsewhere.

Andrew McLaughlin
27th June 2008, 07:27 PM
Doesn't the original post quite clearly say they are training flights? They will also be used no doubt to 'break' the things in and get some operational experiance with them before they send them to the US and elsewhere.

Its the same as SQ has been doing with flights from Singapore to and Kl and back to train its pilots.

Torin Wilson
27th June 2008, 09:06 PM
I don't believe so.

Cheers Nigel.

Does this mean that QF are not going to do any regional/domestic passenger flights before operating it to the US?

Chris Tully
27th June 2008, 09:43 PM
Some of these flights will carry passengers; however they will be Qantas Group employees. Required to practice boarding, service, baggage etc.

There is quite a diverse flying program slated as proving flights prior to entry into service.

Andrew M
27th June 2008, 10:10 PM
Along the same lines

What does DJ have to do to allow flights on the 777 to the USA ?

I thought they would need the aircraft for many months before getting ETOPS approval for the long flight ?

steve k
27th June 2008, 10:16 PM
A rumour around the traps in ADL, is that Qantas will be bringing their A380 to ADL for a series of training flights in early October.

I have heard that there will be 54 (fifty four) training flights around the 4th or 5th of October. Not sure how long the aircraft will remain in ADL to conduct all the flights. No other information at hand. Will keep the board posted if I hear of anything else.

Let's hope this rumour becomes fact! :D

Cheers

David.M.

MAY use parking bay at T2 and rumours I heard is that it may only taxi in/out and not stop completely. It can only use certain taxiways due engine ingestion issues was also mentioned. personally, I will have a very good vantage point for its arrival. Will keep ypu all posted on developments.:)

Michael Morrison
28th June 2008, 07:01 AM
Along the same lines

What does DJ have to do to allow flights on the 777 to the USA ?

I thought they would need the aircraft for many months before getting ETOPS approval for the long flight ?

VA are due their first 777 in SEP - therefore they have nearly 3 months of test flights/training before going online in DEC