PDA

View Full Version : FLS AEROSPACE OA7 Optica

Grahame Hutchison
29th June 2008, 03:45 PM
While having lunch on Warriewood headland today, and looking out for a whale or two, an Optica OA7 tracked north along the coast towards Palm Beach. I am assuming this was VH-OPI.

There are only two aircraft of this type on the register and it has been a long time since I have seen one flying around the local area.

OPI then tracked sound to Warriewood headland where it made a descending left turn and headed out to sea for some distance. It then turned to port and tracked back towards Palm Beach.

Does anyone know if this aircraft operates out of Bankstown ? as I can't recall seeing if there.

David C
30th June 2008, 07:17 PM
Grahame ,
I think you will find that both OPI and BMC are hangared at Hoxton Park in the Sydney Jabiru Flying School hangar , well they were a few weeks ago when I last saw them there . Of course they will have to find new homes soon when YHOX closes at the end of the year ..

Dave C

Grahame Hutchison
30th June 2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks David, it was certainly an interesting sight and a unique engine sound as it flew low along the coast.

David C
1st July 2008, 07:24 PM
Yes unique indeed .... In fact I think there is only 1 other airworthy example in the World , in the USA I think ..

Dave C