Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qantas Shutdown (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=7499)

Ian Nicholls 31st October 2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zac M (Post 66850)
That is not a reliable source. It is only going by where aircraft were last trcked to, ie: VH-TJZ is listed as been in Canberra arriving on the 28th...WRONG

VH-TJZ - Sydney - arrived as QF752 from Adelaide 29 October.

Ian Nicholls 31st October 2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve S... 2 (Post 66853)

VH-QPH - I suspect is in Singapore.
VH-OGE - It was flying around the day Qantas was grounded.

Anyone know where OGE is please?

Regards,

Steve S

VH-QPH - Singapore - arrived as QF81 from Adelaide 29 October.
VH-OGE - Brisbane - arrived as QF512 from Sydney 29 October.

Anthony T 31st October 2011 01:51 PM

Why do people keep going on about AJ working at Ryanair?

AJ worked for Aer Lingus.

Rowan McKeever 31st October 2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel C (Post 66874)
So you're telling me that in the event of a dispute like this one, where the unions disrupted 'normal operations' by way of strike, stop-work, and dummy-strike (which all resulted in delays/cancellations), that the company should have no recourse available to it at all???

Particularly in a safety critical industry like aviation... without wanting to quote AJ, the last thing this country needs is distracted pilots flying around, or distracted engineers working on aircraft.

Steve Jones 31st October 2011 02:30 PM

DJ9502 should be the first ever VA-operated domestic flight and perhaps the first ever B777 Australian domestic flight (where not an international tag-on). Seats on sale for $109 each too!

Andrew P 31st October 2011 02:37 PM

I like the Alan Joyce of LA and twitter fame, getting all the wrong tweet

maybe Virgin should bring him out as publicity stunt

Oliver Gigacz 31st October 2011 02:48 PM

Could not resist, used my Velocity points for a very quick trip to SYD and back.

When I went to check in, it allowed to choose any seat in either Business, Premium or Economy. I chose 2K, so hoping this wont change.

Andrew Johnson 31st October 2011 02:55 PM

Gillard has the power to get them flying straight away but buck passed it to FWA so as to not upset her bosses at the unions.

What a joke.

Andrew Johnson 31st October 2011 02:57 PM

Qantas is a public company, it doesn't answer to politicians it answers to its shareholder.

If, because of dodgy industrial laws in this country, it's ;eft with no other option, it has to pull the pin, ie. shut down the carrier.

Michael Dawson 31st October 2011 03:09 PM

First flights to leave Brisbane today are QF 51 VH-QPJ BNE - SIN and QF 974 VH-VZS BNE-TSV.

Cheers

Michael