Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Galaxy C-5M (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=3769)

Mick.B 15th August 2009 09:12 AM

Yep they are alot quieter and also the noise has changed to a more dull sound. They now meet stage 4 noise requirements.

matthew mcdonald 16th August 2009 08:32 AM

Does anybody have an arrival timne yet of the beast?

Gareth Forwood 16th August 2009 06:36 PM

It seems under that law that even photographing an aircraft belonging to the military is an offence, as an aircraft constitutes a fortification. It also defines the offence as relating to any defence installation <b><i>in Australia</b></i>, which I guess is meant to include foreign military aircraft...

Gerard M 16th August 2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris d (Post 33167)

It's possible to be charged ...your equipment can be destroyed as well.

Well, only if you get caught ;), but thats only one way of looking at it. I plan to keep a lowish profile anyway.

Nathan Long 16th August 2009 07:40 PM

My understanding is that the law only covers Australian aircraft/vehicles when they are inside the boundaries of a defence installation (i.e. inside the fence). Once they are outside the fence, they are fair game. Foreign aircraft are also fair game.

Jethro H 16th August 2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Long (Post 33209)
My understanding is that the law only covers Australian aircraft/vehicles when they are inside the boundaries of a defence installation (i.e. inside the fence). Once they are outside the fence, they are fair game. Foreign aircraft are also fair game.

I believe you are correct Nathan.
A few years ago I was asked to cover for the ABC a C-130 coming in late on a Sunday night with some mission (I can't remember the full story), but the approval for news coverage of this flight had not been granted yet from the Minister.

RAAF Police came out we were told us "You can film the C-130 as much as you like....until it's wheels touch Richmond's tarmac, then it's camera off!"
... which I did, as the RAAF Police were standing next to me at Clarendon.

In the last few years I have found Defence Media more open and quicker for approvals. But with foreign military stuff they can't actually help much.

Anyway, it would be nice just to watch another C5 again, it has been a while.

Greg McDonald 17th August 2009 10:44 AM

No word on when/if this is arriving?

Peter Agatsiotis 17th August 2009 12:36 PM

Reach 5E1 just transferred to approach - no contact on Mode-S yet but can't be far away.

Grahame Hutchison 17th August 2009 12:58 PM

Saw the Galaxy overhead Dee Why 10 minutes ago, on approach to Richmond.

Ken D 17th August 2009 01:01 PM

Just landed very quite, just did a 180 on the end of the runway.