Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What happens at Spotting Weekend? (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1421)

Stephen Brown 26th November 2008 07:40 PM

Flushy, you didn't spot at previous weekends, so why start now. You just sat in your car and looked like crap....

Ya just gotta watch out for those tourists with deep pockets...

And don't forget the dinner on the Saturday Night, with the YSSY awards and trivia competition. Fun and prizes for all the family!!

Raymond Rowe 26th November 2008 09:00 PM

The other thing you need to watch out for is a full moons that usually surface at about 2-3 am in the morning. They usually come up in front of the sydney airport sign.Agree browneye Flushy hardly was ever spotted during daylight hours.Granny you have certainly set the standards over the years for the entertainment in the early hours.

Cam S 26th November 2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Bowrey (Post 17059)
So whats the deal as i have never been to one of these Spotting Weekends before. You rock up at some time of day to the location, meet some people and stuff? Morning at mound and arvo at Beach or somthing? I just need to get my barings on what happens. Can someone give me the rundown on the days activities and what will be happning?

Cheers

A non highlight at next years spotting weekend will be Carstens Borat mankini catwalk down runway 34L/16R the images that appeared on this msg board this year were very disturbing. I also hear VH-CWS might do a flyover.... would be great to see the old girl back in action hopefully there are no maintenance issues.

Paul Maier 28th November 2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Brown (Post 17086)
Flushy, you didn't spot at previous weekends, so why start now. You just sat in your car and looked like crap....

Ya just gotta watch out for those tourists with deep pockets...

And don't forget the dinner on the Saturday Night, with the YSSY awards and trivia competition. Fun and prizes for all the family!!

I actually remember some sort of alright looking bird arriving at the last one.....or was i hallucinating?

Ian Knight 29th November 2008 09:26 AM

So it looks like Ray and I will be flying the flag for the Melbourne office this time round, just like last time!

Nathan Long 29th November 2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Knight (Post 17230)
So it looks like Ray and I will be flying the flag for the Melbourne office this time round, just like last time!

There may be others... ;)

james baker 29th November 2008 03:52 PM

I believe I have read somewhere that the spotters weekend also has a crack at the Airside tour bus, is this the case??
I'll be in town for the T.G show on Saturday, so I might have to swing by.

James

Trent Hopkinson 29th November 2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Howbout old Sydneysiders now flying the Melbourne flag :eek:

Ian Knight 30th November 2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Long (Post 17240)
There may be others... ;)

Surely not...

Nathan Long 30th November 2008 09:18 PM

Is it that hard to believe? :)

lloyd fox 2nd December 2008 06:46 PM

Apologies as i have not attended one as yet and unfortunately this year you picked my 55 th birthday and normally this is when i get my super however you may say what super??? and again i cant make it.

I hope it is successful again.

Cheers Lloyd

Ian Knight 2nd December 2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Long (Post 17315)
Is it that hard to believe? :)

Admittedly stranger things have happened...

Jamie D 2nd December 2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

You never know Ian, you may just have me to help you with that melbourne flag too! Am hoping to make it for the weekend... Fingers crossed!

Raymond Rowe 5th December 2008 08:19 PM

Was wondering if i would go or not.Looked at the airfares and it was too good an offer.So flights are booked now i just have to ask if someone is interested in sharing a room at the hotel.I am also looking at booking a car for the weekend anyone interested in helping with the costs of the car.

Carsten Bauer 6th December 2008 05:57 AM

Yeah QF have got specials on at the moment.
Will book it early next week hopefully. $159/1way.

David M 9th December 2008 12:53 PM

Carsten,

Don't bring the GREEN Mankini!!!!!

Grant Smith 9th December 2008 06:07 PM

Dave,

I'm sure our resident Blue Light Taxi driver can arrange suitable accommodations should he decide to bring it....

Carsten Bauer 10th December 2008 12:19 AM

Nah don't worry.
I left that on direction Island when I went to Cocos last month :)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/74/img2677jz8.th.jpg

Montague S 10th December 2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe (Post 17553)
Was wondering if i would go or not.Looked at the airfares and it was too good an offer.So flights are booked now i just have to ask if someone is interested in sharing a room at the hotel.I am also looking at booking a car for the weekend anyone interested in helping with the costs of the car.

Ray, why don't you just drive up & back? :eek:

Raymond Rowe 10th December 2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montague S (Post 17721)
Ray, why don't you just drive up & back? :eek:

To long a distance from Melbourne.Easier to get a plane.

Marty H 11th December 2008 01:24 PM

I will be coming up on the Saturday morning, looking forward to it:)

Jason Carruthers 17th December 2008 08:21 AM

Im coming down for Saturday and Sunday. I may extended my stay depending on my work schedule.

Montague S 17th December 2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Carruthers (Post 18043)
Im coming down for Saturday and Sunday. I may extended my stay depending on my work schedule.

you'll be coming down on Sunday if your RBAR form is anything to go by... :p

Carsten Bauer 17th December 2008 11:13 AM

Hi all,

Flight and Accommodation booked, be arriving Friday morning, leaving again Monday arvo.

Hope to see some familiar faces again. It's been a while.

Karl M 24th January 2009 08:01 PM

Im a spotting W/end Virgin. I will be able to make it up there from MEL on the Sunday.

Tim Bowrey 24th January 2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carsten Bauer (Post 18061)
Hope to see some familiar faces again. It's been a while.

And some new ones right Carsten?:)

Gareth Forwood 25th January 2009 12:02 PM

Like Karl, this'll be my first spotting weekend - looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Edward Terry 4th February 2009 01:43 PM

I will be arriving on QF12 (A380) on Sunday morning. Would someone be able to take a photo? I hope to make it out to the airport later in the day.

Matt_L 4th February 2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Terry (Post 21211)
I will be arriving on QF12 (A380) on Sunday morning. Would someone be able to take a photo? I hope to make it out to the airport later in the day.

Yep no worries.

Hows the trip been mate?

David M 4th February 2009 04:38 PM

Ed,

You'll have no problems getting someone to take a photo of the A380 when it arrives into Sydney. It all depends on which angle you prefer! :D

David.M.

Michael Morrison 4th February 2009 06:14 PM

I'll be coming along on Saturday morning as well. Going to do the tarmac tour as well :)

Nigel C 4th February 2009 06:44 PM

I might make an appearance to the Tower Beach fence line sometime after 1730 on Friday and Saturday nights depending on my work load at the time.
Feel free to say hello, and ask as many silly (and serious) questions as you like...I'm sure I can come up with some silly (and perhaps serious) answers to match.:D

Stephen Brown 4th February 2009 06:58 PM

I feel a 4am Mound visit on the cards....Granny you up for it?

Nigel C 4th February 2009 06:59 PM

Fresh rabbit for breakfast good for you?

Mick F 4th February 2009 07:30 PM

What are you working Mrs C?

Grant Smith 4th February 2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Brown (Post 21240)
I feel a 4am Mound visit on the cards....Granny you up for it?

I'm game if you are Browneye- Floody, you keen?

But who's going to drop as back at the hotel, Mick doesn't work @ Botany Bay LAC anymore!

;)

Grant Smith 4th February 2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel C (Post 21241)
Fresh rabbit for breakfast good for you?

Full of protein and low in fat - what a great end to the day ;)

Nigel C 4th February 2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant Smith (Post 21246)
Full of protein and low in fat - what a great end to the day ;)

You forgot the crunchy bits!

Nigel C 4th February 2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick F (Post 21243)
What are you working Mrs C?

Mrs C won't be attending...

However Mr C is working nights on Friday and Saturday, and attending Top gear on Sunday after some much needed sleep!

Mick F 4th February 2009 08:21 PM

Soft, who need's sleep, pffft.

Why on earth are we making 4am Mound visits? Are you going to be greeting us with KK's or something Mrs/Mr C?

Mick