Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   November Noteworthy Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=7514)

Tony G 6th November 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaryd stock (Post 67173)
Unreal JAL is a 777-300 and it's the ECO jet, JA731J...

Jaryd, Thanks for the post. I read it about 630 this morning and raced down to get a photo. Nice shot jayden, I got a similar angle just with a fence on the bottom:rolleyes: . I need a ladder, then a bigger car to carry the ladder. Once I have the ladder Nigel will organize a higher to be put in place:p

Jaryd stock 6th November 2011 09:32 AM

No worries Tony when I saw it was a 773 I thought yeah I'll get out of bed soon and have a lazy drive down and get a shot of it, then I realized it was the sky Eco jet and I reckon I broke the land speed record getting down there.. Great to see it I was actually wondering if we would ever get the 772 sky Eco scheme....

Nigel C 6th November 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony G (Post 67185)
Once I have the ladder Nigel will organize a higher (fence?)to be put in place:p

Nah, not me...I'm not in security ;) . But if the Tower Beach fence needs to be repaired again because of photographer spotters twisting and stretching the barbed wire on top, they might just resort to using that high stuff to stop it.

Shayne G 6th November 2011 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Jaryd for the heads up on JAL 777 Ecojet, sadly too short of notice for me by the time I saw but I atleast took the effort to go to the backyard to see it on departure back to Japan. I can atleast say I've seen it now... :D

Quote:

But if the Tower Beach fence needs to be repaired again because of photographer spotters twisting and stretching the barbed wire on top, they might just resort to using that high stuff to stop it.
Too bad some spotters just abuse the privilege of such a good location, for spotters sake I hope people stop messing around with the airport's security.

Tony G 6th November 2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel C (Post 67188)
Nah, not me...I'm not in security ;) . But if the Tower Beach fence needs to be repaired again because of photographer spotters twisting and stretching the barbed wire on top, they might just resort to using that high stuff to stop it.

Thats a shame I was looking at getting a big ladder to get shome shots from the beach fence over summer. Hope its not like the one around the GA area. You need a cherry picker now.

Wish our fellow spotters would respect what we have and play y the rules. I know the airport has no oligation to us spotters but when they do put in new fences, it would be good to add some provisions to stick a lens in.:)

Anyway back to buisness:D. Does anyone know what Cathay cargo is coming in today. Is it a 747-8 or a silver bullet, Thanks.

Jaryd stock 6th November 2011 11:31 AM

Just a normal 744F Tony.
B-HUQ due in around 5:00pm.

Tony G 6th November 2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaryd stock (Post 67191)
Just a normal 744 Tony.

Thank you

Michael Mak 6th November 2011 11:52 AM

Does JL send the 77W to SYD on a regular basis or just a one off? I thought the daily JL flight is operated by the 772?

Jaryd stock 6th November 2011 12:00 PM

It is operated normally by a 772, the last change was a 744 year ago or maybe more, very surprised to see it and that particular one to micheal...

Iwas meaning to ask and forgot, how often before has JAL brought in a 77W was today a first or there've been in before.

Stefan Perkas 6th November 2011 12:01 PM

Michael,

JAL operate B772's into SYD. Todays B77W looks to be a 1 off according to their schedules.

Today's visit by JA731J was the 1st ever visit by a JAL B77W to Sydney and Australia. I do stand corrected on this.