Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Flying and Technical Discussion (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Flying into Avalon for the Airshow 2009 Question (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=2319)

Tim Bowrey 23rd January 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin (Post 20318)
Can almost guarantee it'll be in a hangar come Avalon...

Ok thanks Andrew. If so, Will its tail be sticking out and is the hanger in photo range?

Adam G 23rd January 2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickN (Post 20295)
I'm driving down and was told the traffic is chaotic at best in the area of the airport with traffic jams everywhere, anybody know if that is true?

I drove to the previous airshow from MEL Apt as I did it as a day trip from BNE.

The drive was fine - the last few KM's into the car park were a little slow but nothing chaotic compared to the Brisbane traffic we deal with everyday!!

Karl M 23rd January 2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickN (Post 20311)
Excellent advice thanks Andrew.

We will more than likely be staying in the Geelong area.

Good move. Driving from the Geelong way is less chaos than coming from Melb. You will most likely only get a bit bumper to bumper once on the airport grounds just before the carpark.

Karl M 23rd January 2009 10:36 PM

Confirmed today and no suprise, 2 x Super Hornets due from US.:rolleyes:

Daniel M 24th January 2009 01:24 PM

how overly exciting...same display pilot I see too...going to be another yawn fest in terms of flying displays:cool:

Tony P 24th January 2009 07:30 PM

Yeah it's not like Boeing need to flog it off to us anymore, we've bought the damn things! Bring something new/different Boeing. :D

Andrew McLaughlin 24th January 2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony P (Post 20358)
Yeah it's not like Boeing need to flog it off to us anymore, we've bought the damn things! Bring something new/different Boeing. :D

Like what Tony? What else are they trying to flog off to us that is available for sale and for display?

Boeing is actually trying to sell us more Super Hornets, plus they and the RAAF think it's important for the taxpayers to see what their money is buying them.

Andrew McLaughlin 24th January 2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Bowrey (Post 20319)
Ok thanks Andrew. If so, Will its tail be sticking out and is the hanger in photo range?

Going by the sensitivities surrounding EBU's future, I think it'll be as out of site as possible Tim.

Andrew McLaughlin 24th January 2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel M (Post 20344)
how overly exciting...same display pilot I see too...going to be another yawn fest in terms of flying displays:cool:

:eek: If you think the Super Hornet display is a "yawn fest", then you're obviously not easily entertained Daniel! :confused::confused::confused:

What else would you like to see? Before you answer, don't forget there's a recession either on or just about to hit most of the world, and consequently most of the exhibitors this year have scaled back their presence at the show.

Raymond Rowe 24th January 2009 08:08 PM

The best entertainment for the public to see day by day would VH-EBU facing the muncher.Then they would have an idea what happens to older aircraft when they have had their life.