Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Flying and Technical Discussion (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Trip Report BNE-CBR-BNE (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=627)

Craig Murray 20th May 2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick M (Post 5186)
You didn't mention your latrine visits on the return leg;

I didn't? How lax of me. I do recall making one further stop on the return leg. Again, I completed the mission standing up.

Quote:

And you didn't score the hosties

Trust me, it would have been worth it. We were blessed with a few gorgeous hosties on the day. Obviously, the aforementioned hostess with the mostest took our breath away. Is it bad form to start a Facebook Appreciation Society in her honour :D

Quote:

Graeme Hutchinson didn't specifically mention you in his ACARS reporting

NO WAY! You're kidding, Tobes said he was specifically going to send "QF957, MAD DOG SENDS LUV 2 ALL ACARS FOLK. WERD". That didn't show up on any reports? It must have!

Quote:

And is that Nick Furby you are referring to

Oh yes, yes indeed. Prohibited not only from Qantas aircraft but most internet forums as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will "The Captain of the Board" Tidmarsh
Sterling effort there, Craigo!

Stirling? You mean "Champagne" don't you mate? Must be time for a "Monday Night at The Edi" again soon yes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen "Canon rocks" Brown
I still want to know why you sneezed twice?

Do you really? I can assure you it wasn't the old "White Pepper in the straw blown into the air" trick that Frank and I mastered on an Air NZ flight one evening. I think it was a random couple of sneezes induced by moving to the Economy Cabin from the luxury of Business Class. The dust is of a different breed back there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenden "I fix planes" S
Now that was a Phat story there mate.

I try, I try my best! And now I'm trying desperately to keep the thread going (Has anyone noticed?).

Scott Lindsell 21st May 2008 04:01 AM

Craigo,
Love your work son.
I think I've seen shorter Euro trip reports than that but of course not as entertaining.
:)
Scott.

James Smith 22nd May 2008 01:20 PM

It must be quiet rare for Brisbane to Canberra flights to overfly Sydney. They normally fly well to the west of Sydney.

Bernie P 22nd May 2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Murray (Post 5419)
I try, I try my best! And now I'm trying desperately to keep the thread going (Has anyone noticed?).

Then you could have answered all of these on seperate replies!!! :D :p :D

Beau Chenery 23rd May 2008 08:18 PM

Nice trip report Maddog as if it was only as good as my fbook group :rolleyes:

Matthew Chisholm 28th May 2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Murray (Post 4813)
We wander into the terminal to find Senior Sargeant Tom Croydon from Mount Thomas chowing down on a whopper of a burger from the airports resident fast food chain. We ponder an autograph and a hug but decide against it and head for the car park.]

Wondered where he got to.

Craig Murray 28th May 2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Chisholm (Post 5843)
Wondered where he got to.

Me too, hopefully he'll pipe up and contribute to the boards only 5 star rated thread!

Craig Murray 12th May 2009 09:37 PM

Totally by co-incidence I also happened to be (high) in the skies around Canberra today, exactly one year on from this totally awesome trip down on the 767.

I confess that I didn't check the safety cards on my Virgin Blue flights to see if Furbies are allowed on board!