Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   RCH5E1 (or 6E1) this week??? (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=2955)

Gerard M 14th April 2009 04:42 PM

RCH5E1 (or 6E1) this week???

Hi all, this is more a question for the Sydney people but does anyone know if the weekly flight mentioned from the US came in this week. I didn't pick it up yesterday as usual and figured it might be because of the public holiday here.
did anyone else pick it up at all or see it?
thanks in advance.

gerard

Peter Agatsiotis 14th April 2009 06:38 PM

Nothing on Mode-S yet so it may not come in this week.

I am nr St Marys so I always pick this flight up.

Mark M 14th April 2009 07:50 PM

Am going to be a sticky beak here, but what flight is this. Sounds military and obviously Military. But what is it and where does it come from ?

Thanks
Mark

Gerard M 14th April 2009 09:23 PM

Thanks Peter. Didn't think it had.

Mark, its a USAF flight that comes in most weeks, flies Hawaii-Richmond-Alice Springs-Richmond-Brisbane-Hawaii most weeks over three days.
Im pretty sure its bringing in weekly supplies of Ketchup (probably not ketchup but still i can presume) for the americans over at Pine Gap or whatever it is over in Alice Springs near there that the americans run.
Brisbane is the fuel stop before it heads back to Hawaii on the Wednesday.

Thats my understanding anyway.

Karl M 15th April 2009 10:50 AM

What type of aircraft is it that usually flies this operation?

Gerard M 15th April 2009 12:58 PM

well it really depends. The last 8 odd weeks when ive driven past its been a c17 but i also saw regular runs with the kc10 but im guessing it depends on what they are bringing and just whatever aircraft gets assigned.

Gerard M 28th April 2009 04:18 PM

Has anyone happened to be listening to sydney ATC at the moment and listening to melbourne center and RCH6E1? Just wondering what they were talking about as half of it i couldnt understand because the was a lot of static or something? Something about their decent or something and a visual high speed approach or something, as i have never heard anything like a high speed and overhead approach? It confusing i know but im only getting half of it
Just curious.

Its now holding in a left circuit over Richmond?
And now its just gone to a normal visual 28 approach. strange.

Ta
Gerard

andrew evans 28th April 2009 05:07 PM

I was at Richmond today spotting and there was a C17 from Hickam AFB
HH 55153.I think the call sign was Reach 36 it departed at around 1040am.Hope that helps.

Gerard M 28th April 2009 05:15 PM

Yea thats the one im talking about came in yesterday went out to see it come in, the weekly run but using Reach 6 Echo 1 - but its return this avo was weird what he was requesting!!

Gerard M 28th April 2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew evans (Post 27092)
I was at Richmond today spotting 1040am.Hope that helps.

OK and i dont know about you but when i'm there, simply just sitting in my car, some people just give me the wierdest looks like seriously. kinda creepy!

andrew evans 28th April 2009 05:23 PM

I had a couple of people stairing but who cares.If that's what you like doing then do it as long as we don't brake any rules.:D

andrew evans 28th April 2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard M (Post 27093)
Yea thats the one im talking about came in yesterday went out to see it come in, the weekly run but using Reach 6 Echo 1 - but its return this avo was weird what he was requesting!!

Do they arrive on the same day of each week. ????
Do they come in around the same time on that day ????

Gerard M 28th April 2009 05:34 PM

Well they are pretty accurate most of the time. They used to be religious coming in at 12pm on the monday but most of this year its been anywhere between 9-1230...1220 yesterday. then it overnights then leaves the same time(give or take) for alice each tuesday and then back and form memory its a 2pm dep on wednesdays. unless of course they go tech, which a kc-10 did a while back was here for a good2-3 weeks...had to bring in the C-5:D with parts etc. But yes usually the same time each week.

might go out tomorrow avo and see it leave.
most of this is from when i listen to atc or PP more recently but i used to go out there and watch it...before i had to go to uni!! haha

and was it anyone here on monday giving me the weird looks!!! lol

matthew mcdonald 29th April 2009 10:31 AM

If you go out this arvo Gerald, I may see you there as long as it departs around about 2pm I should be able to go out. When I go out there I park at the qwestern end of the runway where all the buildings are and I will be in a red Toyota Corolla. Hope to see you there.

Gerard M 29th April 2009 12:55 PM

I was going to, but not going to be able to make it anymore, had a change of plans. Sorry matthew

matthew mcdonald 29th April 2009 02:30 PM

Dont worry it was not there when I went out. The only thing I saw was a freak Bike VS Car accident coming into Richmond. I saw the bike rider lying down on the side of the road with paramedics defribulating him :(

Never a good sign

Gerard M 29th April 2009 04:02 PM

Well there is always next week! can't say ill be able to make it out there for the next month or so but maybe i'll meet you there another time! its closer for me there than yssy..mind you depending what time you go all the M's and tunnels get me to syd pretty quick.

andrew evans 2nd May 2009 10:40 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/...652cf556_b.jpg

This was the C17 that departed that day out of Richmond.(Tuesday 28th April)

Gerard M 2nd May 2009 11:12 AM

Nice shot Andrew.
Wonder what it will be tomorrow? (putting my money on another C-17)!

Philip Argy 2nd May 2009 12:32 PM

Globemaster C-17

For those interested, the Wikipedia entry is very comprehensive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-17_Globemaster_III

andrew evans 2nd May 2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerard M (Post 27343)
Nice shot Andrew.
Wonder what it will be tomorrow? (putting my money on another C-17)!

Thanks Gerard do you mean Monday or tomorrow (Sunday).

Gerard M 2nd May 2009 01:14 PM

Yea sorry, i mean monday. my days have been out all week, trying to get out of holiday mode and go back to uni :(.
You going to be going out there this week?

andrew evans 2nd May 2009 01:35 PM

No not this week my next free monday is in three weeks I might try then

andrew evans 4th May 2009 03:09 AM

If anyone happens to swing past Richmond today could you please post what type of aircraft came in.:D

Gerard M 4th May 2009 03:45 PM

Hi Andrew. Its yet another C-17. Rego is 05-5145. Its from March AFB.

Cheers
Gerard

andrew evans 4th May 2009 04:36 PM

Cool thanks mate

matthew mcdonald 6th May 2009 09:58 AM

Gerard, would you be able to tell me if the C17 is there right now and if it is still going to depart this arvo or there abouts.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah C 6th May 2009 11:03 AM

Matthew - it is still here, currently at the DHL building so it might be leaving soon.

Gerard M 6th May 2009 11:12 AM

Sorry Matthew, am in bathurst at the moment so cant confirm or deny.

And DHL building, is there a DHL building at Richmond? Which ones that?

matthew mcdonald 6th May 2009 12:04 PM

Sarah, Is there a C17 at Sydney Airport?

Sarah C 6th May 2009 12:29 PM

Not any more - it just took off 34L about a minute ago.

Sorry about the confusion - the DHL building I was referring to is the freight terminal near the General Aviation area.

andrew evans 6th May 2009 01:42 PM

This was the C17 in Today Wednesday 6th May at YSSY

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3317/...e5b0eaf3_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3381/...ac48ce31_b.jpg

Gerard M 6th May 2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah C (Post 27576)
Not any more - it just took off 34L about a minute ago.

Sorry about the confusion - the DHL building I was referring to is the freight terminal near the General Aviation area.

Thanks Sarah, we were talking about two different C17s i think. The one that was at Sydney i believe came from NZ...dont quote me on it.

That would make sense about the DHL building though!! ;)

Did anyone get a departure time for the 5Echo1 from Richmond? Actually, has anyone driven past or anything because it is still showing up on PP in the Sydney area i think?

Gerard M 6th May 2009 04:10 PM

Nice shots Andrew. Did you know it was coming in or was is it just a fluke!
You could be sitting at Richmond all day waiting for a dept from the weekly one.

andrew evans 6th May 2009 04:16 PM

I didn't know about it I work around the airport so i all ways have a look each time i pass and this one was just being pushed back when i passed (jackpot).

Tim Bowrey 6th May 2009 04:50 PM

I got a message so I could just see it climbing out once I ran out of my shop in T3 haha.

andrew evans 11th May 2009 11:07 AM

Hey Gerard did you notice if anything came into Richmond.I have been keeping an eye on my Plane Plotter but didn't see anything next to the CO code.
Regards

Gerard M 11th May 2009 03:13 PM

Sorry Andrew, i'll have to wait till tomorrow to check it out. Left Richmond just before 11, couldn't stay any longer as had to be in Bathurst by 1. Will let you know tomorrow.

Cheers
Gerard

andrew evans 11th May 2009 09:14 PM

Thanks Champ.

Gerard M 13th May 2009 06:07 PM

Wasn't able to make it to Richmond this week to confirm if it came in Andrew. I also didn't pick anything up yet on my Plane Plotter so maybe it didn't come in this week for some reason.
Hopefully i'll have better luck next week.

Cheers
Gerard