Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sydney Aviation Model & Memorabilia Show (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=3034)

Adam Stone 23rd April 2009 09:49 PM

Sydney Aviation Model & Memorabilia Show

BANKSTOWN AIRPORT,Passenger Terminal
Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th May, 10am-5pm

Sam Chui 24th April 2009 10:29 AM

I will have a table in the show, see you all there.

Adam Stone 24th April 2009 10:46 PM

Please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, it is not necessary, thank you - mod

All 38 stands have now been sold......something for everyone!

A Catalina aircraft will be on display and open to the public.

The Sydney Aviation Model Show and Pionair have teamed up to offer you a flight on one of their Convair580's!
This would be a flight of a lifetime and an opportunity not to be missed!
Pionair will do a 45min - 60min flight they would head south towards Wollongong, then head up towards Palm Cove (All coastal flying), with a circuit around the Harbour. They will also serve champagne and/or juice and Peanuts during this period.
The per person cost would be $145.00 provided all 43 seats are booked.
We can also do a flight if we get 30 people and the cost would be $210 per person.
If interested, please email:sydneyaviationmodelshow@live.com

Brenden S 27th April 2009 09:33 PM

Yay, I will be in Sydney for the show. Will be good to try and attend.

Danny Rizk 3rd May 2009 10:46 AM

Hi Guys, Im the organiser of the Sydney Aviation Model Show.
Just thought Id join up and introduce myself and give some extra info if needed.
Well the show is this coming weekend and I hope you can all get down and have a look!
We will have a jumping castle for the kids if you want to bring them along!
Please dont heitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Danny Rizk 4th May 2009 11:01 AM

Singapore Airlines and Emirates will have stands at the show with brochures for all attendees. (While stocks last)

Danny Rizk 9th May 2009 04:59 AM

Its on Today!
Hope to see you there!!!

Ryan N 9th May 2009 01:23 PM

Great show. Spent over an hour there this morning. Well worth the $5 entry fee.

Danny Rizk 9th May 2009 09:10 PM

Good to hear Ryan!
In addition tomorrow we will have the Australian Aviation Centre at the show...
Best Regards

Blake Riley 10th May 2009 07:46 PM

Good show,well worth $5 went out this morning bought lots of good stuff.

Danny Rizk 11th May 2009 12:46 PM

Just want to thank everyone that attended and supported the show!
We will be back in November 09 so hope to see you there!
We have plans to have something special at the show... ;)

Brian Wilkes 11th May 2009 03:14 PM

Maybe next time you can get some other Convairs and Metros plus other things lined up out side for viewing! May put the cost up a bit but worth while looking at!

Danny Rizk 11th May 2009 04:19 PM

Brian I will take that on board, it was in the pipeline! hehe :)

Other suggestions are welcome...

Brian Wilkes 11th May 2009 05:00 PM

Even if the price goes $10 admin I think you will be on a winner!
Just rope off the aircraft,make sure that us photo bugs have enough room to take shots of them (aircraft) and not like the Airshow which parks them on top of each other. Wont hurt to ask the operators due to the aircraft sitting around all weekend behind the fence's!!!
Ill be down in Nov With Terry from CAM's, so let us know a concrete date when you have one!!!!!!

P.S Make sure that jumping castle is there though:eek:

Danny Rizk 11th May 2009 05:34 PM

See how we go! ;)
hehe, jumping castle will definetly be there!!!!

Ryan N 11th May 2009 06:11 PM

Any plans to give Avalon air show a run for their money? :)

Danny Rizk 11th May 2009 06:17 PM

Mate you never know... ;)
Slow but steady is good for me...

Kieran Wells 11th May 2009 08:01 PM

Must definately say the show was worth $5 entry(even though it cost me $10 for one of my mates). For a non-aviation enthusiast, he was even impressed, and commented that he didn't realise there was so many people who had the same interest. Was quite impressed with the displays, even thought i turned up at 4pm on Saturday. Sam, it was a pleasure to meet you in person.(finally!)

Well done Danny and team! I'll certainly be back in November!

Brett Somers 14th May 2009 11:36 AM

Hi All,

I must be the only one here who thought this, but I was actually dissappointed with the event. Perhaps I was expecting something more. I met Sam Chui and had a chat which was great, even bought his book. The Helicopter Joy Flights where a good idea, and the Cat on show was nice also.

I guess I was expecting more "memorabilia" such as aviation artifacts for show / sale. It was good to see some models on display but I thought there would have had more for sale, such as BBI Elite Force, large Scale Models etc. Perhaps have " Hobby Co" or similar with a store with show specials. Just a thought. Perhaps I was expecting some sort of "SWAP MEET" of the aviation feel. Are there any locals in the Bankstown Community who would like to sell Aviation Items. Old Propellers, Aircraft Seats, Altimiters, etc.. Not sure of what others think, but I know I would be more interested in opening my wallet for items that are not easily available on a day to day basis..

Apologies for the somewhat negative criticism, but I am hoping this will help for future events, should I not be the only one who thinks so.

Cheers

Brett

Danny Rizk 15th May 2009 09:46 PM

Hi Danny, Please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, thank you - mod

That will be taken on board although it is often hard to meet everyones needs but I can se what you are saying.
Hobbyco cant attend our event as its a conflict of interest for them being a wholesaler as well as a retailer.
We are working on always improving the show and for the November show we will have some new additions.

Regards

Brian Wilkes 16th May 2009 12:41 AM

Thats rubbish, Hobby Co could get a few stuff members down there and sell the stuff independently not using hobby Co name! Just a private collector selling stash!

Danny Rizk 16th May 2009 07:33 AM

Hi Danny, Please refrain from quoting the whole previous post in your post, thank you - mod

Its not rubbish that is what Hobbyco advised me... You may agree with you may not but thats the way they look at it.
Guys Im not here to argue with anyone, constuctive criticism is fine...
As I said, I will be looking at having more on sale through stands for November.

Raymond Rowe 16th May 2009 04:35 PM

I am interested in coming up in November and bring along all the older photos i have that range from the 1960's till current day.Yes they are for sale as well.