Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   VB/PB livery rebranding starts. (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=6365)

Shayne G 20th January 2011 11:08 AM

Nice shot Tim!

It's gonna be interesting seeing all these 'hybrid' liveries for a little while :)

What will happen to their Polynesian Blue aircraft?

Tim Bowrey 20th January 2011 11:19 AM

Thanks Shayne,

I assume the Poly -800 along the line will be converted alongside the Pac Blue -800's all back to their Aussie regos, e.g. ZK-PBK will go to VH-VUP. Of course when DJ, Poly, Pac and V Aus are all under one name. Then again QF have the 'Jet Connet' set up with all the Kiwi -800's so who knows.

Thats the exciting part not knowing I guess!

Jack Melon 20th January 2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shayne G (Post 55060)
Nice shot Tim!

It's gonna be interesting seeing all these 'hybrid' liveries for a little while :)

What will happen to their Polynesian Blue aircraft?

Ther is only 1 painted Polynesian Blue aircraft so i would say the same fate as the pacific blue planes.

Cheers.

Damian N 20th January 2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe (Post 55034)
With all the rebranding going on one can only hope that all the ZK registered machines will be bought back to the aussie register.

I thought I have read somewhere that there is an advantage in having aircraft ZK registered - lesser crew numbers or something???

Jarden S 20th January 2011 07:36 PM

Also the registration fees will be lower in NZ.

Raymond Rowe 20th January 2011 08:01 PM

With all the rebranding there is no real reason to keep them on the NZ register.Do not fly domestic routes,And they are basically on used to fly to Australia.Might as well put them back on the Vh register and put them back in the main pool.

Torin Wilson 20th January 2011 09:12 PM

Ray, that thinking was part of the reason Ansett collapsed.

Save money when and where you can, when it does not dilute or damage the product/brand.

Ash W 21st January 2011 12:49 AM

Torin, what are you reading from Ray's post that I'm not? What does bringing the NZ registered aircraft back onto the Aus register got to do with diluting brand image and what does it have to do with Ansett?

Damian N 21st January 2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash W (Post 55139)
Torin, what are you reading from Ray's post that I'm not? What does bringing the NZ registered aircraft back onto the Aus register got to do with diluting brand image and what does it have to do with Ansett?

What I think Torin means is that if keeping them ZK registered saves money then this is good for the Virgin Blue company. Torin is implying that if Ansett exec's had kept a better watch on costs (a lot of little things eventually add up over time!) they may not have found themselves in such dire predicament.

In terms of diluting brand image, I think Torin is NOT saying that having them ZK/VH registered will effect brand image. What Torin IS saying is that where you have small things like this, that $$ can be saved WITHOUT damaging image, then VB seek out the lesser cost option.

Peter Agatsiotis 21st January 2011 08:46 AM

Just to add to all the airlines mentioned and comments re ANZ/Ansett, on the ABC news last night there was a caption stating that ANZ have purchased 15% of Virgin Blue shares!!!!!