Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Royal Visit April 2014 (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=9847)

Alex Lui 3rd March 2014 07:44 AM

Royal Visit April 2014

So with the news reports saying when Prince William, Catherine and Prince George are arriving into Australia and leaving Australia, I am guessing that they maybe travelling on BA15 into Sydney and then a private BA flight (similar to what the Queen had when she last visited) from Canberra to Singapore to London??

Just speculating but it would be pretty cool to see 2x BA aircraft again in Sydney after a bit of an absence, not to mention another BA aircraft in Canberra which is a RARE treat!

Rowan McKeever 3rd March 2014 11:30 AM

I read this morning that they're in NZ before Australia, so doubt they'd be on BA15? Unless they fly to NZ via SYD?

Justin L 3rd March 2014 11:51 AM

Adelaide's The Advertiser reports they will arrive in Sydney from NZ on an RAAF charter. Not sure about the rest of their legs though.

Mark C 3rd March 2014 05:08 PM

I would have thought 34SQN would be flying them once in the country.

Matthew Chisholm 5th March 2014 11:42 AM

Would they be flying together?

Radi K 5th March 2014 01:36 PM

I would say 34SQN is a good bet.

The Queen has given special permission for father and child to travel together.

Quote:

THE Queen has given special permission for Prince William and Kate to bring baby George with them on their week tour to Australia.

Kensington Palace confirmed overnight what had been expected but not guaranteed - Prince George will accompany the Cambridges in April.

After touring New Zealand the royal family will visit Sydney, Brisbane, Uluru, Adelaide and Canberra.

Victorians will miss out on the Royal visit.

Multiple heirs are not normally allowed to travel on the same flight in case of an accident, AAP reported.

"The Queen has to give permission for it to happen and Her Majesty has given permission for it to happen," Prince William's private secretary, Miguel Head, said.
- AFR

Robbie J 11th March 2014 12:46 PM

They usually come in on chartered air force jets, not commercial flights with the general public. This means they would land at the private jet base near McDonalds and the Krispy Kreme store. Does anyone know the exact arrival and departure dates for the Sydney leg of their tour?

Grahame Hutchison 7th April 2014 01:16 PM

Prince William, Duchess Kate and baby Prince William arrived in Sydney just early this morning, and then transferred to a Royal New Zealand Air Force B757

G-STBI BA0015 07/04/2014 04:42 British Airways B777-336ER London-Singapore-Sydney
-> Listened to Sydney Approach/Tower and I did not catch any mention of the Royal passengers
-> Although the SMH said it was a Qantas flight from Britian arriving just after 7am, but that doesn't work with NZ7572s departure.

NZ7572 ADS-B- KIW639 07/04/2014 07:18 B757-2K2 - New Zealand Air Force

Winston Khong 15th April 2014 09:32 PM

Will HRH Prince William and family be coming back to YSSY on an RNZAF 752 or an RAAF aircraft?

Grahame Hutchison 15th April 2014 09:50 PM

RAAF was mentioned on the News