Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand Industry (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qantas Premium Economy Rollout (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=116)

David B. 25th March 2008 08:34 PM

Qantas Premium Economy Rollout

VH-OJH operated QF6195 today SYD-AVV for installation of Premium Economy.

Conversely, VH-OJP operated QF6196 AVV-SYD after having the new cabin and associated features installed.

747-400s featuring Premium Economy:
  • VH-OJK
  • VH-OJH (in the process of having Premium Economy installed)
  • VH-OJP
I understand VH-OJM and VH-OJS will shortly be taken offline for the upgrade (next in line).

Cheers

James P 26th March 2008 10:45 PM

Re: Premium Economy - any comments having used it?

We are planning a trip to Hong Kong in October. Has anyone experienced either the Qantas product or Virgin Atlantic, which offers premium economy ex-Sydney?

Neil R. 27th March 2008 10:38 AM

James – as a frequent flyer to Hong Kong my preferred carrier is Virgin using there Premium Economy. You will get Priority Baggage, and very nice leather seating in a separate cabin. The meals are slightly better then what is offered in Economy; however I would recommend the Virgin Premium Economy over BA World Traveller Plus any time. Can’t wait to try Qantas Premium Economy Product however – it does look good.

Ash W 27th March 2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David B. (Post 554)
VH-OJH operated QF6195 today SYD-AVV for installation of Premium Economy.

Conversely, VH-OJP operated QF6196 AVV-SYD after having the new cabin and associated features installed.

747-400s featuring Premium Economy:
  • VH-OJK
  • VH-OJH (in the process of having Premium Economy installed)
  • VH-OJP
I understand VH-OJM and VH-OJS will shortly be taken offline for the upgrade (next in line).

Cheers

How long does it take to reconfigure an a/c. If I am not mistaken 1st April is when QF1 goes all premium Y which will require 3 aircfraft.

Luke Chittock 27th March 2008 08:28 PM

Howdy Ash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash W (Post 730)
How long does it take to reconfigure an a/c. If I am not mistaken 1st April is when QF1 goes all premium Y which will require 3 aircfraft.

The Premium Economy reconfig is scheduled to take 6days, however the first two aircraft had their reconfig incorporated with other maintenance checks.

Regards

Luke/PER

Ash W 27th March 2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Chittock (Post 735)
Howdy Ash

The Premium Economy reconfig is scheduled to take 6days, however the first two aircraft had their reconfig incorporated with other maintenance checks.

Regards

Luke/PER

6 days isn't too bad. In another thread someone mentioned the when -OJK went through they found some corrosion issues, guess anytime you rip the fittings out you are likley to find some things that need addressing.

Ben O 30th March 2008 06:32 PM

Also for those who are not aware PE will be installed on all B747-400s including 2 class birds.

And 2 additional skybed J seats will be added to all 3 class B744s.