Sydney Airport Message Board

Sydney Airport Message Board (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/index.php)
-   Spotting and Movements (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Avalon Airshow March 10-15, 2009 (http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1138)

Gareth Forwood 15th September 2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah C (Post 12346)
$300 for a two day Grandstand ticket nad $160 for one day is pretty expensive.

Thank God Dad's paying for the tickets :p

Thanks for the help re: the daily program. I haven't been before so it should be a good weekend!!

Tony P 15th September 2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

"We'll be having displays, exhibits and hope to have special guests," Australian International Airshow chief executive Ian Honnery said.
Here we go!:confused:

Quote:

"We're looking at bringing out to Australia people deeply and very significantly involved in the race for space."
I wonder who that could be? Any takers?

Quote:

Tickets to the 2009 show are now on sale through Ticketmaster and Mr Honnery urged front-row fans to get in early for first-class gold passes offering reserved grandstand seats on the front runway.
Why would you want a front row seat? The rear row gives the better view. In the front you have Jo Public and fences in the way.

Where's the front runway? :eek:

Quote:

Officials have heralded the ticket release by unveiling a fresh billboard on the Princes Freeway at Avalon.
:eek:

Quote:

Mr Honnery promised the 2009 show would again feature the latest and best of military hardware and many displays and amenities would be upgraded.
Must of missed the latest and greatest in 2007. Superbug probably the oonly thing I can think of.

I'll always go but it needs to have a bit more variety.

Andrew McLaughlin 15th September 2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony P (Post 12487)
Must of missed the latest and greatest in 2007. Superbug probably the oonly thing I can think of.

Superbug? :rolleyes:

Not to mention the C-27J, the C-17, the ARH Tiger, the CH-47 Chinook...all of which are currently in production, and all have either recently been introduced or soon will be selected for Australian service.

Some rumours I've heard for 09 include the RSAF Black Knights aero team (really worth seeing) and a B-2 flyby :eek:.

Avalon is what it is folks - they don't promise anything they can't deliver. It's a hard task being so far away from all the overseas action, and the exhibition is as good as any airshow in the world

Don't forget to drop by and say hello to us at the Australian Aviation stand in the exhibition hall.

Cheers

Andrew

Raymond Rowe 15th September 2008 06:41 PM

You can always get oneof the best seats in the house.All you have to do is fill out a volunteer form and you could get plenty see plenty and costs you a bit of time.

Tony P 15th September 2008 09:13 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin (Post 12489)
Superbug? :rolleyes:

Some rumours I've heard for 09 include the RSAF Black Knights aero team (really worth seeing) and a B-2 flyby :eek:.

Willing to bet a case of beer the B2 will not show.:p

Shame on you for starting the rumours early!:D

Quote:

Avalon is what it is folks - they don't promise anything they can't deliver

A great airshow?:rolleyes:

Not knocking it, but there are plenty of shows that beat it. Tyabb, Defence force shows etc etc.

PS. I Wouldn't call a Chinook the latest and greatest!!

Tony G 18th September 2008 05:52 PM

I guess Avalon is the biggest AIr show in Australia, it would be nice to have some more international vistors like the MIG aircraft and the B2 and others, but it is our only major one and I think its great.

If i could change anything it would be the ticketing. I like to the the Gold seat ( i can spoil myself once every two years) and enjoy it, i dont want to walk around or spend half the day out of my seat missing photo oppotunities checking out the displays and tents.
I think the displays are fantastic and the swag you can pick up from stands make me feel like a big kid. I reckon if you buy a gold pass for one day they should add in a GA ticket for the other day to walk around for a little extra cost instead of buying two tickets.

Gareth Forwood 19th September 2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony G (Post 12723)
I reckon if you buy a gold pass for one day they should add in a GA ticket for the other day to walk around for a little extra cost instead of buying two tickets.

If you get the gold class ticket for the friday night show, you get access to the displays before the general public, and before any flying display. But apart from that, there isn't really much. Considering that a general entry pass is only $50, I don't see why they can't just add it on for free. Oh well...

Brendon I. 2nd February 2009 06:30 PM

QF Avalon Airshow Charter 2009

Does anyone know if Qantas is operating a charter flight down to the airshow this year. If so when do they usually start selling seats??

Lukas M 2nd February 2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendon I. (Post 21052)
Does anyone know if Qantas is operating a charter flight down to the airshow this year??

No QF charter. You have only got Jetstar from SYD/BNE

Will T 26th February 2009 02:22 PM

Qantas will have a 744 on display (and open for public inspection) on 15th March. As always, subject to change!

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.