View Single Post
Old 10th April 2008, 04:38 PM
Banned

They are asking for 20kg to be the maximum, now lets look at QF and there aircraft and the way they are loaded B737-400 and B737-800 have sliding carpets in both the forward and rear holds, making it easier to stack the bags, generally start with heavier bags at the bottom and as you move higher the person sending the bags up should send up lighter bags, myself I generally know I will get 20 bags in a row, so when Im sending bags to the person in the hold I generally will send up heavier bags for the first 10 and then the last 10 they will be lighter bags.

B767-300 are all containers apart from the small rear compartment in the tail but a majority of bags in this situation are loaded into the container in the bag room where the person is standing up right and shouldnt pose to much of an issue with injury.

Dash 8 all versions would be manually loaded but they are fairly high holds so a person could just about load them standing up.

My 2 cents a whole lot of bleating over nothing, Im 6ft 5ins tall and I havent had any injuries thus far, IMO its all how a person approaches the job and if they choose to do it correctly or not as to weather they get injuried.

If QF BH want to complain about loading a hold they should go have a look at a Skywest F100 hold where the guy stacks it lying down.