View Single Post
Old 24th March 2009, 10:39 PM

Zac,

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Most of your questions have been answered really... I'd just add that the 767 is a fun aircraft (especially for pilots) because they have a lot of power. On a short sector (SYD - CNS does count!) they will usually accelerate and take off fairly quickly, and have a high rate of climb. Good fun for passengers too!

CBR - SYD is a VERY fast flight. The flight attendants will be moving very quickly to get food out and about, so its quite a simple snack. That said, you want to get into it quickly as you don't have much time to eat it either!

SYD - CNS is one of my favourite flights... just the right length. If you can, sit near the wing in a window seat. Compared to the 737 the engines will appear huge, and you'll get a great view of Cairns, one of the most spectacular airports in Australia.

Both the 767 and 737 are basically 'domestic' aircraft, and so don't have the seatback televisions, and so the In Flight Entertainment is fairly standard. There are TV's located throughout the cabin, and you can watch whatever is showing (as others have said, often Top Gear, Two and a Half Men, or something of that ilk). Other audio channels are also available.

Most of all... enjoy Cairns!