View Single Post
Old 5th December 2009, 05:53 PM

Default The condition of Shep's Mound

Being an infrequent visitor to Sydney I always try to get out to the airport and Shep's mound in particular when visiting. Earlier this week around mid afternoon I went around and promptly got my car bogged in the sand. When I arrived there were 5 cars spotting and in the next half hour or so as I tried to dig myself out all 5 drove off one by one without a single offer of assistance or word being spoken. My predicament was very obvious and you may understand I was most disappointed looking back by the lack of support. In the end the crew of an airport fire tender in the area helped me out.

I'm sure I wasn't the first and won't be the last to end up bogged given the poor state of parts of this area. I just hope whoever is there when the next person finds themselves in the same predicament proves more helpful than what I encountered from the fellow spotters (I presume) during my visit. My face was not familiar to anyone, but the common interest of spotting I thought would have overcome that.

Last edited by Stefan I; 5th December 2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Typo