View Single Post
Old 30th December 2009, 08:36 PM

Default Spotting afternoon at Bankstown - 30/12/2009

Hi all

This afternoon I went out to the viewing area at the end of the Runway 11s to try out my new 75-300mm zoom lens for my 400D. This is what I've come up with and would like to share it with you all. By all means I welcome constructive criticism and filling in of any gaps in my captioning.

This humble Basair C152 was doing touch and gos all afternoon.

Aero Commander arriving into Bankstown

VH-SXF, Cessna 208 Seaplane, returning to base after a day's work out on the water

VH-ASA (Beechcraft 76), registered to a Mobile Cleaning company, starts up and makes a departure from Bankstown

Another Aero Commander arriving into Bankstown

Another Seaplane, this time a DHC-2 of Seawing Airways, arrives minutes after the previous Seaplane

Not sure of this aircraft type. A search on the CASA website indicates it's a 'GA-8', built in Gippsland, and registered to a Bathurst mob. Would this be close to it?

Dual arrival of VH-OGW on 11C and VH-ZVM on 11L

VH-OGW, a PA-31 with Avtex, arrives into Bankstown

VH-ZVM, one of those Pacific Aerospace 750s, arrives into Bankstown right behing OGW.

Now I posted this query elsewhere, but one of my main interests in aviation is turbo-props. I noted the Pionair Convair and a few Fairchild Metros all around the place at Bankstown and would really love to get a shot of one of these birds taking off.

Would there be anyway of knowing when these aircraft are due to depart on their next flights, or would such information only be confined to insiders of the industry? Can respect if it's the latter, although I'd really love to get a shot of both of these planes for the collection. Any assistance in that regard would be greatly appreciated!

Apart from that, hope you enjoy the shots. I'm hoping to post a few more I took this afternoon and also hope to get back out there soon and get some more!