View Single Post
Old 20th February 2010, 10:47 PM

Hi all

I'm definitely putting this one in the diary and eager to come down form Sydney to go to this one! This will be my first ever weekend away for aviation interests, so bear with me and my basic questions!

Firstly, I'm tossing up whether to drive down from Sydney (A drive I've done many times!) or to fly down on Qantas on Saturday morning, spend the day spotting and photographing the local Canberra air traffic (Hoping to get a shot of one of Brindabella's Metros flying) as well as the HARS aircraft coming in, although with the latter, am I assuming correctly that they'll be arriving on the Saturday before the open day?

Secondly, with spotting the local Canberra traffic, does anyone know of any good and easily accessible spots around the airport perimeter for this purpose? I'm a fan of Jeff Gilbert's photographs on Airliners.net and very curious as to where some of those locations are?

At this stage, I'm looking at getting on QF787 from Sydney on Saturday (Beoing 737) and returning to Sydney on Sunday night on QF562 (Boeing 767), as well as hopefully go on a Q400 joyride on the Sunday, to get my flying 'fix'.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I really look forward to both this weekend and next week's Wings over the Illawarra event!

Last edited by Maikha Ly; 20th February 2010 at 10:54 PM.