View Single Post
Old 20th September 2010, 11:23 AM

I went on the Saturday and had an excellent time myself! First airshow since the Richmond show in 2005 and I was quite impressed. The F-111 touch n' go dump & burn was fantastic, really happy to have captured that on video!

The queue's for food and drink were crazy! Some were saying it was taking over an hour to get served. I avoided them completely. Some have mentioned previously about the pauses in flying displays but I welcomed those as it allowed us to look through the static displays and stands without missing too much action.

It was my fiancee's first proper airshow and she loved it. Particularly the Hornet fly-bys that ripped your ears out. She was laughing so hard after the surprise/shock of the first Super Hornet one.

It was also great for me to be able to go aboard the C-17 and 'Connie'. You couldn't really get anywhere near the C-17 in 2005 and I've never seen Connie in the flesh before.

Had a great time as said, my only gripe was the queue to get out of the carpark, but traffic flowed pretty well once we were let out onto the road.

A screencap from the F-111 touch n' go, a site never to be forgotten! http://twitpic.com/2pzzy7

Cheers,

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG