View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 12:38 PM

I agree with most of you that a bit more colour or detailing in the livery would make it look a bit more exciting, but I DO like the bold/huge Virgin logo going up the tail (albeit a little JQ-esque) and I think that will be easily viewable from ground-to-air. It breaks the mould a little bit in regards to what we're used to seeing with Virgin tails.

The one comment I strongly agree with, is from Justin and Matt, that this livery gives off more of a 'legacy' carrier or full-service airline feel - being uncomplicated, simple and clear. The entirely red-jet look (not to mention the .com.au), although instantly identifiable as Virgin Blue, still screamed low-cost carrier in my opinion.

I have a feeling the new livery will grow on a number of members/enthusiasts here, much like the whopping-big new tail of the Qantas roo and the new typeface initially didn't sit well with a lot of people, but over a bit of time has become far more appealing and current to those same minds.

As for that new TVC that's on their YouTube channel, VERY polished and chic! First Virgin Blue/Australia commercial that I will say that about. Must have got quite a good production company in for that. Like the music, the opening shot of that Jag on the harbour bridge, the 'behind-the-scenes' of a new look coming together, and the crew coming together and walking out to the aircraft (they've still kept the 'strutting-bimbos' feel that Virgin is known for, hehe).