View Single Post
Old 17th March 2012, 03:47 PM

Taxiing to the gate with VH-NXN and VH-VUM at the terminal

At the gate

Mackay Airport

VH-NXN

VH-VUM in revised ‘Airline of Virgin Blue’ titles

Had a quick walk around the terminal before going outside to watch some departures and an arrival.

VH-TQK off too CNS via TSV

VH-ZPE arrives from Sydney

After getting a few photos beside the terminal a security guard who appeared to have finished his shift pulled up beside me in his car. He asked what I was doing; I said I was just taking photos of planes. He said only to take photos of the aircraft and not security gates and the terminal which I hadn’t done. I then sat down on a seat outside the terminal and was approached by another security guard. He also asked what I was doing; I said I was taking photos of planes. He asked to see the photos and asked what I was taking them for; I said it was a hobby. Again I was told not to take photos around the terminal. So I didn’t take any more photos outside the terminal and none inside which I was disappointed about as I wanted some photos inside of the renovations. But I didn't want to get in trouble.

So for the rest of my time in Mackay I sat in the viewing area watching the E190 depart back to Sydney and watch the 717 doing ground crew training. It was just pulling out of the terminal and then pulling back in. This was done about 10 times. I went on balus.info on my phone to see what Q400’s had departed BNE and I saw VH-QOW had departed BNE at the time QF2516 is due to depart I wasn’t 100% sure this would be my aircraft, I would just have to wait. Closer to my departure I went into the departure lounge. Jetstar A320 VH-VGD arrived from BNE at about 1430 and shortly after a Q400 landed and I could see the special scheme I would be getting VH-QOW back to BNE

Boarding commenced on time, the lounge was getting quite crowded with two flights departing at the same time.

Last edited by Brandon Giacomin; 17th March 2012 at 05:18 PM.