View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2012, 04:55 PM

Virgin Australia Airbus A330-200 VH-XFB

Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus A340-200 LV-ZRA

At about 1350 I went to Gate 49 for the return flight. VH-VGT was parked there which had just arrived from Melbourne-Tullamarine. At about 1400 boarding commenced.

June 28, 2012
Jetstar
JQ408
SYD-OOL
VH-VGT A320
Seat 19F

On-board in Seat 19F was a full flight!

Malaysian Boeing 747-400 departs

We were joined by another two Jetstar A320’s

We pushed back pretty much on time, we taxied to RWY34R and after a bit of holding we were off.

Climbing out

Passing Bondi

Left turn

Cruising at 35000’

Another quick flight, it only lasted 1 hour. The captain on this flight also warned there would be turbulence, again it wasn’t too bad. Weather on the Gold Coast had worsened; there was very low cloud and heavy rain. As we were on finals you still couldn’t see anything outside, we got under the clouds and landed safely on RWY14.

Exiting RWY14

Parking next to Tiger

Disembarked on time, here is VGT after the flight.

After disembarking I made my way outside to the bus stop to begin the long trip home.

Conclusion:

Jetstar was good, A330-200 was nice and comfortable but the A320 had rubbish leg room and was a bit cramped. It was good flying out of the Gold Coast for the first time, it is a nice airport. And enjoyed my time in Sydney, just not enough of it! Looking forward to my two days there in November. Thanks for reading!

Next flight is a joy flight in an Antonov AN-2 at Caboolture on Sunday 22 July, then a daytrip to Newcastle on Saturday 4 August with Virgin Australia and Jetstar and then the big trip in November and December to Sydney and New Zealand!