View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Parker View Post
mate the point I am trying to make is that I am looking at off peak days 10 months out and the points you require are outrageous if you were fixed or not flexible with dates esp if you want W/J/F class travel.
well any seat claimed with ff points are really 'lost revenue' if you think about it, so it's not surprising that you'd require a lot more points if you are not flexible with dates. Suspect they would want ff members to burn off more points off for flights that they really want to get on, or perhaps on very busy days (e.g. in peak season)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Parker View Post
Despite knowing the airlines has yet to sell a seat on the flights class I require.
When they estimate the demand they would have some idea of the historical booking levels for particular flights. So even if the airline hasn't sold a seat on the flight class, doesn't mean they won't sell it to a customer closer to the date of the flight. If the airline lets the seat out too early to frequent flyers that will result in one less potential seat where they can raise revenue from?