View Single Post
Old 20th April 2013, 09:26 PM

The main:
”Seared beef in balsamic with shallot-caper topping sautéed ratatouille vegetables and creamy polenta”

What looks like a mess, actually tasted quite good, the sauce was tasty but my only complaint was a bit too much polenta and the presentation is messy.

The finale:
”Choice of Haagen Dazs frozen dessert, (mango sorbet or Dulce de Leche ice cream with fruit salad).”
&
“Gourmet cheese with garnishes”
&
“A selection of fresh fruit”

I chose the Dulce de Leche Ice Cream as I’m not a fan of Mango, shocking I know. The ice cream was very sweet but I loved it.

My milk chocolate praline with a glass of water

My cappuccino

More pralines, this time milk and dark chocolate

View out the window

The service was excellent throughout the flight, they were friendly and made sure my glass was never less then half full, very attentive. They were also more chatty and friendly then the inbound crew on the A330. The seat was also sooo much better. I cannot understand how other airlines compete with seats so much narrower and to me that looks less appealing. I hope SQ’s new biz seats maintain or improve on this and I definitely do not want SQ to stoop down and follow the angled/staggered layout many other airlines are adopting. My favourite aspect of the seat probably being so wide I can get out of my seat during the meal service to visit the washroom without disturbing my meal table.

Shadow appearing, the sun setting, destination approaching

Decent was quick and another feature I love is the remote displaying the remaining flight time, really useful as SQ switch off the IFE before landing.

The Landing (Video) – Don’t forget to like and subscribe to my channel
http://youtu.be/9P-L6i396WE

We landed on runway 02L with some pleasant landing music, I miss the music, I remembering having it when the A380 was first introduced but it stopped for a few years. Upon landing I got a very nice view of rival heavies parked in T1, including a sight that, for now, cannot be seen. It included 1 EK A388, 2 QF A388’s, 2 QF 744’s, and 1 BA 744. A company A388 can also be seen in the distance.

The iconic control tower

Crowne Plaza

The mood lighting on landing

Seat controls + remote

My seat for the past 3 and a bit hours

Changi

Deplaning was quick as the biz section was fairly empty, immigration took a while as a few flights arrived around the same time and baggage claim was quick thanks to the priority tags.

Would I fly SQ biz again? Of course, especially the long haul product. I loved every minute of it and all I need to do now is save more miles for an even longer sector.

Coming soon, SQ’s cheaper cousins Biz, a.k.a Scoot Biz.

Subscribe and watch my videos on Youtube