View Single Post
Old 21st July 2008, 06:34 PM
Lukas M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mak View Post
I agree with the first part, Melbourne's public transport is indeed cheap. But let's not forget governments have a record of unwillingly spending large amount of money on transport and hence PPP.

Brisbane's AirTrain charges $13.5 one-way to CBD meanwhile Sydney's AirportLink charges $13.4 to CBD. I don't think neither of them worth the money. The service is not brilliant, frequency is far from desirable, trains can be flifhy at times. Don't forget 400 bus runs through Sydney Airport and if you travel light, you can save at least $10. Not to mention Brisbane's AirTrain does not meet early or late flights, which is pretty useless.

Is Connex that bad? Surely it can't get worse than CityRail. I think that a dedicated line and trains might work, like Hong Kong's Airport Express. Otherwise if it shares infastucture and rolling stocks with the rest of the system, it might well become another white elephant.

For it to be successful, the price must be reasonable. Skytrain currently charges $16 one-way between Tullamarine and the city. But the frequency is excellent, gets to the airport in just 20 minutes.
100% agree with Micheal.

And yes, Connex is bad. Basically its just "Connex apologizes for the delay", and thats all you hear from them. Plus not to mention the thousands of cancellations.
And you Stand, not sit...