View Single Post
Old 9th July 2010, 05:28 PM

Interesting that they're charging for it. Townsville's airshow was free last year.

However, as far as airshows go, the RAAF Airshow's sh*t all over Avalon.

With regard to the Roulette's. I am lucky enough to have worked (and be trained) by former members of the Roulette's. I voiced my opinion on how after the Townsville Airshow last year, the Roulette's were seen as boring as batsh*t compared to the Thunderbirds, and asked why we couldn't have a similar display team.

The main problem is that the RAAF doesn't put enough funding or time into the Roulette's. All the members must train in their own time and often do the displays in their own time. The RAAF also gives them a very small budget for everything bar the flying. So you definitely won't see the Roulette's staying in 5 star hotels etc., when they're away for displays.

Compare that to say the Thunderbirds, they have a huge budget to work with, and they're an entirely seperate squadron where they're only focus is on doing these displays.

Until such time as the RAAF puts in more money, and they aren't cramming the guys up with other work, then we won't have a spectacular team like other Air Forces do.

Mick

Last edited by Mick F; 9th July 2010 at 05:36 PM.