View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:39 AM

Exactly right Wayne. I think it is a good idea for Sydney spotters. , I love reading about what is going on in Sydney and all the stuff that is coming and going. But I think before it gets set in stone, I think the criteria as to what is defined noteworthy needs to be addressed. Not trying to be hard on the subject, but if you don't get it right then arguments will start and the threads will drag along, and as Wayne said "you will have to trawl through a whole load of banter". There is another forum which does this same typ of thing of noteworthy movements. Trust me, their have been arguments galore about the movements which have been put into that thread.

These threads in my opinion should be for...
- Any 1st time visitors to Sydney for current airlines, domestic and internation; (new aircraft colours, aircraft types, special schemes , 1st time regos)
* In my opinion on this subject though is that QF , VA are included. VA only for 1st time visits (rego or repaint), QF on other hand (delivery flights, ferrying after repaint, 1st time visits e.g B738's or DHC8's, 1st flights of A380's or B744's after repainting or after placement of special decals)

- Any foreign airliners which are NOT frequent into Sydney (excluding bizjets). E.g C17's, Freighters, charter flights etc.

This is my opinion based on what has been done on similar topics on other forums. Like i said it is best to get this banter of what is classified and not classified as noteworthy. To some spotters certain things are notewrothy which aren't for others. Example is VH-OEJ, OEB, OJU hes are common into Sydney currently with their logos and schemes, this to me is not classified as noteworthy. If they were to change schemes or have modifications added onto scheme. just say VH-OEJ have its scheme removed and put into new colours then that is classified as noteworthy.

I will most probably get blasted for some or all of this but, this is the way I see it...

My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53284949@N05/