View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
If you look at the scope of the works, I don't think they have a choice but to do it that way.
That is the first time I have seen the plans. Prior to seeing them I was under the impression that they were going to centralise the immigration and security more than they have. Looking at the plan it seems like a minor shift to the right and little if any expansion on the current facilities. In fact it seems like overall the outgoing immigration and security area has been shrunk. Ie it seems as if the new area is the same as the one that serverd peir A and B, which will now also serve peir C.

I guess I am cynical like the others, it seems as if it has been done to maximise the number of duty free shops and to direct passengers through the main one even more. I doubt it will be an impovement to those using peir C, just more walking and more shops to go past. It will be interesting to see how the combined arrivals will look and see how they funnel people through the duty free shops on their way to immigration. More so now that it is more or less impossible for people to buy duty free grog/perfumes (ie. liquids) at places like Bangkok and Singapore, to name but a few.