View Single Post
Old 21st December 2009, 03:14 PM

Default To Clear up some Misconceptions

Hi All,

I am one of the drivers at Tarmac Tours. I am on this forum at the request of the owners Frank and Sherrie Monardo. They asked me to clear up some things.

1. SACL is closing the tours. The Tarmac Tours company is viable and pays all its debts.

2. I was the driver who has been discussed here. I can inform you that we all get very good at working full duplex, IE we can talk and listen at the same time. The incident in question there was no radio communication, it was a ground engineer who moved us on as I could not see the Anti Collision beacon when it came on. However this incident has not been used by SACL, indeed they say we are very good out on the airfield.

3. The camera ban, while there was an effect on passenger numbers, this was only on the weekend tours. Mid week tours (mainly school groups) were uneffected.

4. The owners have decided to fight to keep the tours going. any help that you can render would be appreciated.

I have permission from Frank and Sherrie to provide the minutes of the meeting with SACL if you want to read them. It is a word document.

I appologise if I have made any mistakes here. I am a newby to this.

Phil Mcleod