View Single Post
Old 29th August 2008, 11:26 PM

Default Connecting JQ from QF???

I am planning to go to the Whitsundays from Melbourne, which requires 1 connection Brisbane.

JQ 830/QF 5830 From Brisbane leaves at 1305, so the latest Qantas flight I can take is QF 612, arriving at 1210. However, if you book on Qantas website, the latest flight you can only book is QF 610, arriving at 1110 to connect JQ 830. However, QF 610 is $14 more expensive than 612.

Furthermore, I can book the whole journey on Qantas website, but it seems a direct booking is more expensive, so I decided to book seperately. In addition, booking directly can enable myself to select my favourite seat and may choose JetLight.

Since there is only ONE (1) service to Whitsundays daily, I CANNOT miss my JQ 830. Would you advise me to take QF 610 or QF 612 be safest?

Furthermore, on the day of travel, since I would be in 2 different booking no on the same QF Frequent Flyer membership, may I request in Melbourne to pre check-in my JQ 830 and issue a boarding pass with QF 5830 and my checked luggage tag to Whitsundays WITHOUT claiming at Brisbane and check-in again?

Thank you very much and appreciate for your reply.