View Single Post
Old 21st August 2012, 02:24 AM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henning S View Post
I don't mind lending you my antenna for a day. I haven't mounted it so I simply need to disconnect the cable.
I'm closer to the airport than you with good height, albeit without the ocean view. Maybe it's something we can test out during the planned Open ADS-B Workshop?!
Speaking of which, would you and Brad be interested in coming? We've gathered interest from most of the other Sydney PlanePlotter sharers, so the group get-together is looking more and more positive.

See here for more details: http://yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=8474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henning S View Post
No, I haven't setup SQLite. But that wouldn't be a problem at all. My question is: What do I need it for? What kind of manual updates to the FD7 database do I need to do?
If you're using FlightDisplay to control how the Flight Routes display in Basestation for a particular aircraft; then using SQLite as a basic database editor, you can quickly and easily edit any of those routes that may be displaying in Basestation as incorrect. Flight Display uses the FD7 database offline to store the routes it collects from it's various internet sources.

Often where Flight Display gathers its route info from (internet) can be slow to update real world route changes across a network or operator, which can then lead to outdated routes showing in Basestation for various flights. This way you can manually update the FD7 route database to keep your Basestation up to date if you see any discrepencies.

Noel might be able to add more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
hmm..not that ive seen Kurt, if you do look to get one let me know, might do a combo shipping deal and save the coin on shipping if we get a couple.
Hi Brad, I haven't yet made the move to the SBS3 as my current location and requirements don't warrant an upgrade. But if I do, I'll make contact with you so we can reach out to Wimo direct.
I have often navigated to the purchase page, but then get this hesitant mouse stutter when I hover over the 'Purchase Now' button, lol.