View Single Post
Old 17th June 2017, 09:50 PM

What are these variables you speak of?

Remember earlier when you signed up for Planefinder, Flightradar24 and Flightaware? To run a device sending to these services, they provide you with information (such as a special device ID), and you provide them with information (such as your GPS co-ordinates).

These fall into variables.
The basics ones are easy!!!

GPS Variables

If you have all your devices in one location, save yourself some time by setting these as application specific variables. There is no hard and fast rule though.
  1. Head to this site https://mycurrentlocation.net/
  2. Copy your Latitude and Longitude onto a notepad
  3. Click on your application
  4. Click on "Environment Variables" directly under "Devices". It should read "Application Environment Variables" (i.e. the ones that are shared among all devices)

5. Enter your first Resin.io variables as follows in form "Name" (the variable name) and "Value" (the value):
  6. LAT = <whatever yours is>, click "Add"

7. LONG = <whatever yours is>, click "Add"

If you have all your devices in one location, you can save some time and make these the same across all devices. In the above screenshots, to save time I have made these "Application Environment Variables".

Optional Variables

The following variables are optional. If you're not familiar with them, you can leave them and my code will assign defaults.
  • PPM = <value for PPM>
  • GAIN = <value for gain>