View Single Post
Old 19th February 2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
D Chan wrote:

Excellent trip report, though I have two comments:

1. Not sure about you but even on a good day landing in Perth seems to be so rough, the wind is really amazing if not scary. On my flight to Perth the crew were fighting the wind all the way down to the runway.

2. Regarding the food - I think comparing food served on domestic flight vs international flights is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. Food on international flights are usually more refined from what I've seen and experienced. Though in general from the shots they looked quite ok - at least based on the looks I am more inclined to eat it as opposed to food served on other airlines!
First of all thanks to both you and Sarah. It took a great deal of time sorting out all the photos (I only included about half of all the photos I took on here, selecting only the best).

The landing was at Perth was actually fairly calm. There was a slight crosswind, but not very much (I'd estimate about 7-10kts at most). But then again, it was very early in the morning before much of the thermals and turbulence as a result of the ground heating up could take effect. However, the takeoff from Perth was particularly rough, although I won't hold anything against the first officer since he was such a top bloke

True, international food is always to a higher standard than domestic, but I was merely pointing out that the quality of the food was actually high all-round, even for a domestic flight. But true, in future I'll try not to compare domestic and international food with each other

And Sarah, Perth is really booming at the moment. I imagine there might be a lot of members on this board, especially recently trained pilots, who might be considering or have already headed west to take advantage of the good times over there. Of course, all the mining charters are going great right across WA, and I'd be interested to know whether Darwin is seeing an upsurge in activity as well.

Slightly off-topic, but I find it surprising that there is no RFDS base at Darwin though...