View Single Post
Old 20th April 2009, 03:43 AM

Probably everyone knows that Qantas ground services isn't competitive in terms of pricing for contracted ground handling operations and we have all witnessed more and more international carriers switching over to other providers.

However, some international carriers still stay with Qantas because from my understanding they do actually get better SPA rates for domestic add-on sectors since not all international carriers are like SQ, CX, MH etc. which serve most capital cities here in Australia.

Nonetheless, I have to say those Qantas ground services personnel processing passengers etc. for other carriers do seem to be less friendly, most of them seem not to be terribly interactive with passengers/airline supervisors/duty or station managers when compared to their counterparts handling QF flights.

Also, it seems that those airlines that are using Qantas ground services as their GHA in Australia really need to provide more training to some of the staff as I have came across quite a number of check-in staff whom lack the basic knowledge/skill to get the work done. eg. very few clues on contracted airlines' FFPs and the relevant benefits for elite members, difficulties to use other DCSs instead of the one used by Qantas, lack of communications to seek the appropriate action from airline supervisors/duty managers etc.

Anyway, the business class check-in desk staff (of course he's from Qantas ground services) for my last international flight (obviously not on Qantas) on Saturday, April 18, had absolutely no clue on how to actually update the FFP details recorded in the system. He had to ask the airline supervisor to come and do it for him etc.

Anyway, let's hope there won't be more job cuts...