Thread: Qf8031
View Single Post
Old 13th October 2009, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the info and media referrals everyone. I too lose patience with people who can't see beyond their immediate personal needs and take in the fact that the airline is actually behaving in the most professional and considerate manner that it can by putting safety first. I was seeing friends off to Cairns on Qantas the other day. Passengers were boarded then a short time later deplaned with a 2 hour delay due to technical reasons. Almost everyone was very understanding except for one fellow who was having a grand conversation with himself and muttering all sorts of curses at Qantas. I felt like asking if he preferred them to take the 2 hours on the ground to rectify the situation or wait till they were at 35,000 feet and have the few minutes between then and the plane hitting the ground to fix it. As it was they did leave 2 hours later after the airline sourced a different plane. In the meantime there were regular updates on the terminal PA system and each passenger had $15 to get a bite to eat - I call that great service to the flying public.