View Single Post
Old 26th April 2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam G View Post
David - a lot of wide body aircraft - in particluar on international multi class airlines operate with more the the minimum required cabin crew due to service requirements.
17 crew according to the news reports, less 3 or possibly 4 front-end drivers leaves 13-14 cabin crew. AC's 77L's seat 42 up front and 230+ down back, so under the North American 1 crew per 50 seats way of allocating crew numbers, they definitely had a few spare to operate legally with 2 less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M
Very good load factors for this flight with only 16 seats free!
I've taken that flight several times over the past couple of years and it's always been reasonably heavy whenever I've flown it. Particularly up front with AC's good new International long haul cabin hard product and the length of journey allowing corporate travellers to go into the cabin under their travel contracts.
There also seems to be a lot of people using it to get to other points within the Americas/Carribbean without having to go through the USA rigmorale. Even when I've gone directly into the U.S. I've used this flight and entered the U.S. at YVR or YYZ - a far better, easier and more pleasant experience than at LAX as example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cleary
And presumably they all then had to go through US Immigration before reboarding?
The Canadian online newspaper versions have reports from passengers that were on the flight or from their families in Canada. Along the lines of "rang me from inside the plane while on the ground" sort of thing. My guess is they didn't deplane any that weren't required to (for injuries). Would have been a longer than 2 hour stop otherwise.