View Single Post
Old 31st August 2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac M View Post
I don't really see your point Dennis, it is an upping of capacity for SIN. Its no different to what we had before the announcement today from March (1xA380 SYD-DXB-LHR and 1xB789 MEL-PER-LHR). SYD-SIN is currently only two daily and the aircraft is obviously bigger, so whilst you lose some capacity to through travellers to LHR I am sure that there will still be ample capacity on SYD-SIN.

If I'm correct I believe this will only use 1x A380 frame of the two freed up from the QF9/10 swap, so I would expect further announcements in the coming months as to where the second spare frame will be used. The removal of the A330 and I assume the cancellation of the flights numbered QF81/2 will free up some A330 frames no doubt as well. Initially this may be used to facilitate the fitment of Wifi to the fleet and the refurbishment of the two remaining old config A332s, however ultimately the aircraft freed up from that will be used to add capacity somewhere on the network or open up new destinations.
I think QF81/82 remain it's QF5/6 that end on March 25