View Single Post
Old 18th April 2008, 08:24 PM

Default Bad Luck With Airlines...or good luck?

Hey All,

Inspired by Kurt's thread on baggage, I thought it might be nice to share some back luck/good luck experience with airlines!

The one that comes to mind for me was flying from DXB to SYD late last year. We were meant to be on EK418, which is a 773 service via Bangkok. However, even though we got up at 4am (Dubai time) for the early morning departure, fog resulted in some fairly massive traffic jams, and when we arrived were part of that brilliant % of the flight that is overbooked! So after 30min of stalling and wondering what was going to happen, check-in breakdowns and a very crowded terminal we had pretty much given up on flying out that day, and we were not too happy about it (albeit, I was enjoying some terminal spotting, but that's beside the point). However, although we were verrry late for EK418, we were verrrry early for EK412, a direct service on the A345. Emirates supervisers weighed up the options, and gave us the direct flight with no extra cost.

But of course we had some fairly odd seats, so odd that there were not enough PTV's to go around and we had to share traytables with other guests! I wasn't too fusses, A345 was nice!

A bit of bad luck turned good!...ish

Similiar stories, anyone?